Options

Question for those who sat the 083-640 exam

pespi_manpespi_man Member Posts: 56 ■■□□□□□□□□
I sat the exam yesterday, while doing the 1st sim the pc lost connection. Got the test centre to fix it and they did, While doing the 2nd sim the pc lost connection again got them to fix and they did. Lost 10-15mins while they did all this.

While in the 2nd sim i restarted the VM lab and when the server came back all the settings that were orginally there when i started and the modifications that i made were all lost.

With 10mins left for the lab i was totally blown away. All the DNS and AD services where off, when trying to start gave me errors. Thus couldnt do anything. In the end the limit was reached and i failed the lab.

Checked prometric today and i failed on the whole exam.

Anyone else had this issue with the test VM labs doing this while in exam?

I called Prometric they said they couldnt help i had to call the test centre.

Comments

• Options
    babixgbabixg Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Sorry to hear that.

Yeah, I had problems with that exam too... It just failed to load for me icon_sad.gif

so the administrator at the test site told me to call prometric and reschedule at another test site.. (I don't want to go to another test location right now though since I already have trouble busing to my current test site, so I wrote the 642 exam first)

It seems that they are having a lot of problems there and here. (Small or large)

Take good care.
  • Options
    Hey Babixg,

thats pretty bad when even the Lab wouldnt open. i would of thought Prometric would do some testing on the hardware and links at these "authorized" test centres before allowing them to host this exam.

It felt like i was in a VNC connection to a server that was hosted in another country.

Im going to call the test centre now and put a complaint.
  • Options
    Called the test centre, they said because i didnt call a attendant they couldnt provide me a helpdesk ticket with Prometric.

Guess i will keep this in mind when i re-sit this exam. At a diffrent test centre.
  • Options
    babixgbabixg Member Posts: 40 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Yeah, Prometric definitely has its problems to solve.

I still remember when I sat for the vista exam last month (my first ever certification), the screen went white for 5 minutes. Of course I was already nervous and that just scared me. Basically I was glaring at the screen hoping that it would keep my answers... haha

The administrator at the test site told me that he really dislikes Prometric and it's causing a lot of troubles for him. Prometric is telling admins at test sites to apologize for prometric site's slowness. The admin told me, "Why don't they just fix the problem".
    LOL

Good luck on your exam!! I'm sure you'll do well
  • Options
    sagewalkintheresagewalkinthere Member Posts: 99 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I didn't have any real problems with the virtual labs, but I did accidently kill my pc during the test (the power strip was under the desk, and I turned it off with my foot). But the test admin put me on another PC and it picked back up from where I left off.
    A.A.S. Multimedia Web Design, MCTS 70-623, MCTS 83-640, MCP 70-270, A+
    http://jasonereid.blogspot.com/
  • Options
    rideutarideuta Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I also had problems with the test 083-640. I have tried 2 times and 2 tests each time and in 2 of them the lab got disconnected after 5 minutes on it the other 2 test the lab never loaded. I kept getting a messages "Your lab is not ready yet try later" fortunatelly I got a ticket from prometric every time so I have been able to reschedule the test. The last time I tried I was in the testing center for almost 5 hours waiting for them to fix the test and they never did. I am going to try again in another location maybe I will have better luck.

The testing centrer told me that they dont want to do any more Microsoft tests but prometric wont let them. Prometric says is either everything or nothing at all so they have to keep offering Microsoft test cert.
  • Options
    BradHBradH Member Posts: 160
    I had some problems with the sim starting at the correct time, but then I got their early and the trick we found was to start on time, not early or the sim isn't ready.

My understanding is that 083-640 at tech ed in Aust (Gold Coast) isn't going to be offered as an exam unless you can do it in another language (not available in English!!)

My colleagues are at the moment speaking with MS as two of them were going to Tech Ed to do this exam. They have been told that they will not be able to as MS haven't the resources to be able to provide it at the site. They may have to go to Brisbane to do the exam which sorta defeats the purpose of Tech ED!!!

The only place you can do exam here on the south coast of QLD is Brisbane. We NEED a bloody test centre on the Gold Coast! It's a whole day of work wasted if we have to do an exam and it would only be a few hours out of our day if we had a centre on the Gold Coast. Prometric need to get their finger out and get someone testing on the coast. There is a demand no doubt for it.
    EA Path - 70-643 - Passed - 70-680 - Passed - 70-647 - To Complete