Options

Does the i-Net+ still exist?

skully93skully93 Member Posts: 323 ■■■□□□□□□□
I doubt very much I'd take the exam, but I found a 2000 version book with the CD in it at Hastings fort $5. I bet the knowledge is a tad old, but the history is actually pretty interesting.

Is it still a valid exam? If so, does anyone even care?
I do not have a psychiatrist and I do not want one, for the simple reason that if he listened to me long enough, he might become disturbed.

-- James Thurber

Comments

• Options
    I should be flogged with a wet noodle.

Had I scrolled just a tad further....

Anyway, is it looked upon with any sort of validity, or is it more of an "I took it because I could" certification?
    I do not have a psychiatrist and I do not want one, for the simple reason that if he listened to me long enough, he might become disturbed.

-- James Thurber
  • Options
    lsealslseals Member Posts: 240
    I took it because it interested me, I don't think it is looked upon as a great cert. A lot of people take it, then pay $95 to CIW and receive their certification CIW-Associate without taking the exam, CIW is looked on better because Webmaster is all they do, different areas but web based. You will be able to rollover the i-net+ to CIW-a only until December of this year.
    24 Hours in a day...24 Beers in a case...Coincidence?
  • Options
    Ah. Well, it's probably not a cert for me since I'm a service tech and more interested in administration.

I picked up a very outdated copy of the book, but my other half and I are both going to read it. It's along her interests and for me, I figure the more general knowledge I have, the better I could support various departments in a real-world environment.

-- James Thurber
  • Options
    ChrisWasAlreadyTakenChrisWasAlreadyTaken Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Isn't the I-NET+ a watered down version of the network+ with a little bit extra web stuff?
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    There is a lot of overlap between the two, but it's more than just "a little bit extra web stuff".