What to learn before learning Active Dir?

binarysoulbinarysoul Member Posts: 993
I'm going over material for Windows Server 2003, Windows Network infrastructure and Windows XP. I can't help to appreciate that learning Active Directory at an advanced level is almost a prerequisite for knowing a Microsoft infrastructure.

Should I just jump in and study for Active Directory exam or are there topics I must know well before diving into AD? Should I be able to learn it in virtual environment?

Comments

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    binarysoul wrote: »
    I'm going over material for Windows Server 2003, Windows Network infrastructure and Windows XP. I can't help to appreciate that learning Active Directory at an advanced level is almost a prerequisite for knowing a Microsoft infrastructure.

Should I just jump in and study for Active Directory exam or are there topics I must know well before diving into AD? Should I be able to learn it in virtual environment?

I think if you can start working on it if you have a general understanding of Server 2003. You'll probably comes across some items that require more background knowledge, but when that happens, go research those items. I don't see any reason to hold off on studying AD.
  • undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    I would say get your head around DNS completely and you should be fine. Dive on in!
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/