Port Forwarding to multiple host

BroadcastStormBroadcastStorm Member Posts: 496
I am currently setting up a webserver/web cam that is both using port 80, I have tried to open global/dynamic port forwarding on a verizon router/modem, but it doesn't look like it's working, unfortunately static port forwarding only allows one private host to use port 80.

Do you have any recommendation on how to accomplish this? as well what router I need to use? I don't mind purchasing an actual Cisco Router with a wic/adsl to accomplish this, I have not done this yet on a Cisco Router.

Any suggestions?

Comments

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Is there a reason you need to use port 80 for both of them? You couldn't change the web cam to something else? That would be, by far, the simplest solution.
  • tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    You've got two options:

1. Change one of them to not use port 80
    2. Set up something like Apache to proxy the requests

The Apache option would probably be better anyway so you can add another layer of security for the webcam. Most network enabled webcams aren't known for having great security...
  • Forsaken_GAForsaken_GA Member Posts: 4,024
    You can do it with IOS. For my home setup, I can reach all of my servers via ssh, and they're all listening on port 22. I just have the router setup to translate a specific high number port (I tend to use 40000+) to port 22 on a specific IP behind the NAT.
  • BroadcastStormBroadcastStorm Member Posts: 496
    What version of IOS do you use? I will probably pick-up 1 2651XM and put a wic card to support DSL, and use multiple device port forwarded to port 80.

As far as changing the port the online web camera system uses, I have not looked into this yet, I'm not so familiar with this web camera devices, but I will try to find the manuals etc.

I am interested to the idea of having a remote network somewhere running 1 cisco that I can administer :P to enhance my skills lol icon_twisted.gif
  • BroadcastStormBroadcastStorm Member Posts: 496
    tiersten wrote: »
    You've got two options:

1. Change one of them to not use port 80
    2. Set up something like Apache to proxy the requests

The Apache option would probably be better anyway so you can add another layer of security for the webcam. Most network enabled webcams aren't known for having great security...

I'm using IIS for the web server we're running WSS 3.0.
  • mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I use a VPN and just talk to whatever I want at home like I do when I'm there.

But I do have 1 high port redirected -- that I can't remember unless I have my laptop with me icon_lol.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!