Replacing an old ISA Server

billybob01billybob01 Member Posts: 504
Hi All, just need to clarify this as i am on my own and would like a second opinion. I have built and configured a ISA server using running ISA 2006 to replace our old ISA 2000 server, and i would like to use for simplicity the old name and ip address of the 2000 Server. Is this as easy as taking the old server off the network and joining the new server, or will there be a conflict? What would be the best way?

Comments

• dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Is it joined to the domain?
  • HeroPsychoHeroPsycho Inactive Imported Users Posts: 1,940
    billybob01 wrote: »
    Hi All, just need to clarify this as i am on my own and would like a second opinion. I have built and configured a ISA server using running ISA 2006 to replace our old ISA 2000 server, and i would like to use for simplicity the old name and ip address of the 2000 Server. Is this as easy as taking the old server off the network and joining the new server, or will there be a conflict? What would be the best way?

What about the firewall policies?

Have you exported the certificates and imported them into the new server?

Awful lot we don't know here to give you a good recommendation.
    Good luck to all!
  • billybob01billybob01 Member Posts: 504
    Hi Guys, and thanks for the replies. Yes it`s joined to the Domain as ISA02 and will replace ISA01, there are no certificates to export and import, so i have basically started from scratch due to the complete difference, just wondering if i can use the old server name and if i can is there any gotchas?
    I think you just need to remove it from the domain. It doesn't sound like you have much else going on.
    So to clarify i need to replace isa01 (isa 2000)with isa02 9ISA 2006), so by removing isa01 from the domain i can then change the name of isa02 to isa02 and use the ip address of isa01, this will be ok? I was wondering if DNS would complain.
    You might have some ownership issues if you're using dynamically registered addresses. If that happens, just delete the record and run an ipconfig /registerdns on the new server. It's not going to matter if you manually created a record though. That's just going to resolve a name to an IP. As long as those stay the same; nothing should be affected.
    Thanks, will be completing the change over at the weekend, as our users are complaining about down time!! Dont you just love them!