Marginally passed ICND1 today!

beef1218beef1218 Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
I got 818 with the passing line 804. Very lucky.icon_lol.gif

I only prepared this CCENT test for 2 weeks, I didn’t know anything about network before that. The reason I took the test so fast hurriedly is that if I failed this time, I can still use the “comeback 2009”promotion to take again by Jul 20th, and Jeremy (from CBTNuggets) recommended only 2 weeks for CCENT too.

My preparation:
1. Went through CBT Nuggets video once. Jeremy was a funny guy and he did an awesome job to introduce network in the video. He totally made me interested in networking.
2. Went through Train Signal video once. This video is not as entertaining as the CBT Nuggets, but it covered more details and emphasized what needed to be handled for the test.
3. I also got the PDF version of “Cisco Press.CCNA-CCENT ICND1 Official Exam Certification Guide 2E - Wendell Odom”, but I didn’t have time to read it.
4. I got the boson software and played with it for a couple of days.
5. Finished all 3 sets of tests on the Train Signal CD. (practiced subnetting with it)
That’s all for my preparation. I wasn’t sure if I can passed, and was even planning to take it again by Jul 20th.

In the test, there were about 6 problems about something I totally had no clue about, including the first and the sixth problems, which made me upset at the beginning.
I think I would have done much better if I had read the Cisco Press book once. It should cover those 5-6 problems which I had to guess the answers in the test.

I will work towards ICND2. icon_study.gifI already have these stuff on the way:
1x2950, 1x3640, 1x1721, 1x2610

Good luck to everyone with their tests.

PS. I'm sorry that I posted some actual problems in the test in this thread. I already removed them.

Comments

• cisconoobletcisconooblet Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
    That be a no no friend. I wouldn't post anymore actual questions. As for your exam congrats. ICND2 is harder. You will need more than 2 weeks.
    CCNA
    Network+
  • captobviouscaptobvious Member Posts: 648
    Congrats!
    Be careful about your posts. You did read the NDA?
  • SatcomSatcom Member Posts: 110
    icon_cheers.gif

im starting to think icnd1 is easy.. just going off how you studied

maybe i should take it this friday :P

congrats mang!
    Congrats!
    Be careful about your posts. You did read the NDA?
    what is the NDA?
  • blucasblucas Member Posts: 25 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Gratz icon_cheers.gif

If I were you I would edit the post and remove the quest.
  • beef1218beef1218 Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Satcom wrote: »
    icon_cheers.gif

im starting to think icnd1 is easy.. just going off how you studied

maybe i should take it this friday :P

congrats mang!

I don't think it's easy, not to beginners like me. I almost failed.
    Make sure you read the book, not just the videos, that's my experience. Good luck.
    beef1218 wrote: »
    I don't think it's easy, not to beginners like me. I almost failed.
    Make sure you read the book, not just the videos, that's my experience. Good luck.
    im going for my CCENT now... im going to take it friday.
  • kevin31kevin31 Member Posts: 154
    I got 818 with the passing line 804. Very lucky.icon_lol.gif

I only prepared this CCENT test for 2 weeks, I didn’t know anything about network before that. The reason I took the test so fast hurriedly is that if I failed this time, I can still use the “comeback 2009”promotion to take again by Jul 20th, and Jeremy (from CBTNuggets) recommended only 2 weeks for CCENT too.

My preparation:
    1. Went through CBT Nuggets video once. Jeremy was a funny guy and he did an awesome job to introduce network in the video. He totally made me interested in networking.
    2. Went through Train Signal video once. This video is not as entertaining as the CBT Nuggets, but it covered more details and emphasized what needed to be handled for the test.
    3. I also got the PDF version of “Cisco Press.CCNA-CCENT ICND1 Official Exam Certification Guide 2E - Wendell Odom”, but I didn’t have time to read it.
    4. I got the boson software and played with it for a couple of days.
    5. Finished all 3 sets of tests on the Train Signal CD. (practiced subnetting with it)
    That’s all for my preparation. I wasn’t sure if I can passed, and was even planning to take it again by Jul 20th.

In the test, there were about 6 problems about something I totally had no clue about, including the first and the sixth problems, which made me upset at the beginning.
    I think I would have done much better if I had read the Cisco Press book once. It should cover those 5-6 problems which I had to guess the answers in the test.

I will work towards ICND2. icon_study.gifI already have these stuff on the way:
    1x2950, 1x3640, 1x1721, 1x2610

Good luck to everyone with their tests.

PS. I'm sorry that I posted some actual problems in the test in this thread. I already removed them.

Congrats on the pass! So did you use Trainsignal method for subnetting?

Any tips on getting quick at subnetting?
    LAB - 4 X 2651XM's 1 X 2620 3 X 2950 1 X 2509 AS 1 X 3550
    kevin31 wrote: »
    Congrats on the pass! So did you use Trainsignal method for subnetting?

Any tips on getting quick at subnetting?

Actually I skipped the part about subnetting when I watched the Train Signal.
    I used the method Jeremy used in CBT Nuggets.
    Then I finished all 3 tests on the Train Signal CD, which has a lot of subnetting problems for practice.
    im going for my CCENT now... im going to take it friday.

Good luck.

One more piece of experience that I forgot to mention at the top: you not only need to know how to use those "show" commands, but also need to know exactly what kind of information they will give you.
  • captobviouscaptobvious Member Posts: 648
    what is the NDA?
    Cisco Non-Disclosure Agreement you sign before you take a test.

Cisco Candidate Conduct Policy

beef1218 is crossing the line, big time!
    Cisco Non-Disclosure Agreement you sign before you take a test.

Cisco Candidate Conduct Policy

beef1218 is crossing the line, big time!

Yes, I did, and I wasn't aware of that.
    I already removed all the actual problems from my test.
  • beach5563beach5563 Member Posts: 344 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Yes, I did, and I wasn't aware of that.
    I already removed all the actual problems from my test.
    Congrats on the pass and keep up the good work. I have taken some cisco classes in the past and have been in IT tech support type environment for 10 years. I will probably use CBT nuggets for CCENT and Trainsignal videos with Packet Tracer. I'm thinking of using boson tests.
  • MAC_AddyMAC_Addy Member Posts: 1,740 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Wow, this thread came back from the dead. I think it's a bit late to be congratulating him now.
    2017 Certification Goals:
    CCNP R/S
  • beach5563beach5563 Member Posts: 344 ■■■□□□□□□□
    MAC_Addy wrote: »
    Wow, this thread came back from the dead. I think it's a bit late to be congratulating him now.
    LOL I guess you're right. My first time seeing this one, anyway its always good to her this kind of news. Kind of motivated me to get back on this stuff again.