Options

Dell BIOS Flash Problem

dpsdps Member Posts: 116
Hi guys,

It's been a while since I last posted here but I make it a point to browse the forums every day. Hope you guys are doing alright.

Ok. Problem: Downloaded a Dell BIOS update for a Vostro laptop. Was flashing the BIOS and the computer froze up. Now it just loops and loops at the BIOS progress bar screen. I can still get into the BIOS by pressing F2 but it just loops and loops when you restart it.

Called Dell Tech Support but they told me the warranty already expired last month and they can't help me. Is there any way to flash the BIOS or is the mobo fried? Yikes! TIA.
Focused and Steady.

Comments

• Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    PC BIOS reprogramming, replacement, recovery

You may find it is worth a try, otherwise, search for that model MOBO and replace the whole board.

Hope is not lost, but it will be a bit of work on your part to make things work again, just depends on how much time you want to put into this.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    Thanks. I'll keep searching for possible solutions and will give that a try.
    Focused and Steady.
  • Options
    Update: I got the laptop working again. Followed the steps at Update Your BIOS Using Bootable CD. Backed up all data first and I was forced to reinstall XP.

My co-worker said I got lucky in not frying up the BIOS. I think I really did. :D
    Focused and Steady.
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Good to hear!
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?