Options

CLI switches: Are they on MS exams?

binarysoulbinarysoul Member Posts: 993
There are tonnes of commands in Windows Server/client environment , but what's scary is the additional switches that come with a CLI. Let me give you a simple example: ipconfig /flushdns

While one may remember the actual command, it's difficult to remember numerous switches that come with it. Nobody knows what questions Billy Boy has developed, but should I expect CLI commands with switches?

Comments

• Options
    AshenweltAshenwelt Member Posts: 266 ■■■■□□□□□□
    You know, I think I have had a few on nearly every test. So I would say yes. Mainly ipconfig and dnscmd. YMMV.

EDIT: Oh, and LOTS of AD based stuff...
    Ashenwelt
    -Always working on something...
    -The RepAdmin Active Directory Blog
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    With experience, you'll learn which commands are more common than others. The more common a utility is, the more in-depth you should learn it. Something like IPConfig is very popular.
  • Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    ds* commands and ldifde for the AD tests
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Options
    undomielundomiel Member Posts: 2,818
    I wouldn't be too concerned about the specific switches. Focus more on learning what utilities there are and what they would be used for.
    Jumping on the IT blogging band wagon -- http://www.jefferyland.com/