Options

Live life to its fullest

livenliven Member Posts: 918
*** Omitting names to protect privacy ***

My wife works in a non IT field, so naturally she has the typical view of IT professionals. Most of the time those not in the tech field are used to getting short rude answers from techies (I am sure tech exam folks are excluded). She would always mention one particular person in her office (nation wide company of thousands) that everyone loved to work with. This person, senior support employee, was eager to help, pleasant to be around and always in a good mood. About a year ago he began to feel ill and started missing work... Turns out he was diagnosed with cancer and passed away just recently.

I am posting this because my wife didn't know this person outside of work, however she was impressed with their attitude enough to share it with me when she would come home for the evening (this happened enough that I know this person by first name, and I have never even met them). And she was taken back enough to shed tears at the news she received today.

I guess I am posting this to say, perhaps give a moment of silence for this person. They are being remembered by a loving spouse, 2 young children, and countless friends. Also I know I could do better at trying to be more like this person, more understanding of others. More patient, and perhaps above all.... Spend a little more time with my family and friends.

This news hit me harder than I expected, especially considering I never even met this person (for this I do feel a little bit guilty). So that is why I am sharing with you guys.
encrypt the encryption, never mind my brain hurts.

Comments

• Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    Sometimes these things hit you sideways, you don't know what's going to make you feel like you've been run over by a train. My condolences to your wife and her whole workplace, it's always sad when a friend, or even friend-by-proxy, passes. Here's to all of us being those exceptions to the expectation of rude and arrogant IT workers.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    vColevCole Member Posts: 1,573 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Slowhand wrote: »
    Sometimes these things hit you sideways, you don't know what's going to make you feel like you've been run over by a train. My condolences to your wife and her whole workplace, it's always sad when a friend, or even friend-by-proxy, passes. Here's to all of us being those exceptions to the expectation of rude and arrogant IT workers.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

My condolences to his family, friends, her workplace and herself.