Windows XP on a Mac.

ZoomerZoomer Member Posts: 126
I was wondering how to get to a Windows XP partition that was installed on a Mac. Supposedly it is dual boot, but when restarting, I get no option to select it. Sorry, I am unfamiliar with Macs.

Comments

• tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    Bootcamp if you want dual boot. VMware Fusion or Parallels if you want seamless.
  • RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Zoomer wrote: »
    I was wondering how to get to a Windows XP partition that was installed on a Mac. Supposedly it is dual boot, but when restarting, I get no option to select it. Sorry, I am unfamiliar with Macs.

What do you mean by get to? Do you mean boot into the XP installation or do you mean access the data on the XP partition from within the Mac OS?
  • kriscamaro68kriscamaro68 Member Posts: 1,186 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Ok so its been awhile since i had to do this cause i use rEFIt but when it boots up and you here the mac startup sound press the option key and it should bring up both partitions and then you just select which one to boot into.
  • Agent6376Agent6376 Member Posts: 201
    As another poster said, if you hold down the option key on the mac when booting, it will give you different boot options (cd, OSX partition, Windows partition)

Also, if you're in the OSX operating system, you can go to system preferences, then startup disk-select Windows XP. Upon your next reboot you'll boot into the XP partition.

If you're in Windows XP, check your taskbar for the Boot Camp icon and specify that you want to boot into the OSX partition.

Good luck!
  • TherhinoTherhino Member Posts: 122
    Also once you get in and verify yes it is there...go and buy a copy of parallels then you will be able to access your xp from os x anytime
  • Forsaken_GAForsaken_GA Member Posts: 4,024
    Parallels is alright, but I prefer VMWare Fusion
  • eMeSeMeS Member Posts: 1,875 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I don't mess with BootCamp personally. When I want to run some other OS I use Fusion.

MS