Options

2 Access Points 1 Network Vista Issue

maumercadomaumercado Member Posts: 163
Hello everyone...

I have set up 2 Dlink Dir-300 as wireless access points in my company's network but some users have had issues connecting to the secondary access point, like intermitence on the connection and also a message in the Wireless connection stating not authenticated.

They are set in different channels 1,6 and both are connected to a switch in the company...
am I doing something wrong?

I have tried connecting and disconnecting the user, still same issue!

Thank you guys...

Comments

• Options
    BokehBokeh Member Posts: 1,636 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Have you swapped the APs to see if the one they are having trouble with works in the other location?
  • Options
    RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    The first thing I would consider is that they are on the same chanels and this is causing the problem. But this is clearly not the issue.

So my next question would be about other wireless items in the area that might be on those channels. These devices could be in use by neighbors. If there aren't other wireless electronics like phones, then I would look at a firmware upgrade for the APs.

Also, which authentication method are you using? WPA Personal, WPA2 Personal WPA w/ RADIUS? What OS and version are you using? Are they XP with SP3 ro Vista w/ SP2?

If the client and the APs are up-to-date then I would start moving the APs to see if you get better reception. I had this issue with an AP using RADIUS and certs to authenticate. The issue was with connection to the RADIUS server. It was an L2TP/IPSec VPN and sometimes the connection would just time out... I set the authentication to WPA2 PSK and it worked fine.
  • Options
    xwesleyxwillisxxwesleyxwillisx Member Posts: 158
    Am I the only one who thought the title of this thread was a reference to a particularly disgusting internet meme?