Just wanted to pass it on

rdix2501rdix2501 Member Posts: 36 ■■□□□□□□□□
I came across this link while checking my email today. Talk about pretty scary.

Cyber Assault Pounds U.S. Gov't Websites, North Korea Suspected - InsideTech.com
B.S. Management Information Systems
MCSA: Security W.I.P.

Comments

• tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    There is always an alleged attack against somebody else out on the internet. Sometimes it is malicious and other times it is accidental. It may be an "officially sanctioned" attack by somebody or just a group of people with a grudge.
  • msteinhilbermsteinhilber Member Posts: 1,480 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Not that scary really, whoever did it launched a DDOS attack against publicly accessible websites and crippled them. I doubt that those who actually work in the various U.S. Government agencies that were targeted had their ability to function impaired. So the public wasn't available to reach those agencies websites, I'm not losing sleep - I can't remember the last time if or if I ever have visited any of the government websites that were targeted.
  • itdaddyitdaddy Member Posts: 2,089 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I agree with msteinhilber. public accessed sites seems like anyone can do that now a days though trigger bots to access a site similar to representing 1000s of people is cool but the media makes it out to be something more....but all this publicity cannot hurt the gov just piss them off to spend more of our tax money on security mechanisms ;)
  • msteinhilbermsteinhilber Member Posts: 1,480 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I was giving this some extra thought just now... and there is actually an upside to this all.

It's one less article slot to devote to Michael Jackson.
  • mikedisd2mikedisd2 Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Just another act of childishness from North Korea.
    Letting them get away with everything that do is the scary part.
  • itdaddyitdaddy Member Posts: 2,089 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I was giving this some extra thought just now... and there is actually an upside to this all.

It's one less article slot to devote to Michael Jack

hahahhahhahahhaicon_lol.gif