Options

Are energy drinks such as Red Bull addictive and bad for you?

2»

Comments

• Options
    vColevCole Member Posts: 1,573 ■■■■■■■□□□
    Webmaster wrote: »
    Oh I should add that to the competitive ad filters. icon_bounce.gif Here's the good stuff:

icon_lol.gif awesome! I'll take 3 cases! icon_thumright.gif
  • Options
    /usr/usr Member Posts: 1,768
    Hahahaha! That's priceless. Can I get a free case of that stuff to um...review?
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    That's awesome! Been itchin' to do a little 3D modeling?
  • Options
    wd40wd40 Member Posts: 1,017 ■■■■□□□□□□
    /usr wrote: »
    Hahahaha! That's priceless. Can I get a free case of that stuff to um...review?
    ++
    I Would like to be a Beta tester icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    snadamsnadam Member Posts: 2,234 ■■■■□□□□□□

does it come with a Free TE shirt? icon_cool.gif
    **** ARE FOR CHUMPS! Don't be a chump! Validate your material with certguard.com search engine

:study: Current 2015 Goals: JNCIP-SEC JNCIS-ENT CCNA-Security
  • Options
    WebmasterWebmaster Admin Posts: 10,292 Admin
    dynamik wrote: »
    That's awesome! Been itchin' to do a little 3D modeling?
    It's actually a couple of years old already, for TE's 5th anniversary if I remember correctly, but yeah that's pretty much how the can model (warning includes spoiler icon_lol.gif) came to life. :)
  • Options
    binarysoulbinarysoul Member Posts: 993
    Is that FDA-approved? :) If not, let's bribe FDA a whole truck of these and fast-track the approval process :)

Here's my recommended ingredient:

Techexam Energy Drink v1.0

Caffeine: 50%
    Red Wine: 20%
    Vodka: 20%
    Vitamin Z: 5%
    Cough Syrup: 2%
    Future development: 3%
  • Options
    PashPash Member Posts: 1,600 ■■■■■□□□□□
    Caffeine will increase the amount of oxygen in your blood stream = getting you drunk faster.

But boy, do I love grape vodka and Red Bull icon_lol.gif

So its the middle stint of double vodka red bulls thats doing it! I thought it could be the 5/6 pints of beer beforehand or the sambuka shots after.

Science for getting drunk is great! :D
    DevOps Engineer and Security Champion. https://blog.pash.by - I am trying to find my writing style, so please bear with me.
  • Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    binarysoul wrote: »
    Caffeine: 50%
    Might wanna cut down the caffeine a bit. LD50 isn't particularly high for caffeine :D
  • Options
    paintb4707paintb4707 Member Posts: 420
    So while were on the topic... what do you guys think of "diet" soda? I usually have 1 can a night with dinner. The nutrition facts make it seem harmless but I'm sure there's something hiding in there to go along with the unhealthy aspartame.
  • Options
    XcluzivXcluziv Member Posts: 513 ■■■■□□□□□□

Ditto....well, make that 4....*waits arrival*icon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gificon_cheers.gif
    LINKED | GTECH | NOTHINGBUTSHAREPOINT - BLOG AUTHOR

"TRY NOT. DO. OR DO NOT. THERE IS NO TRY" - Yoda

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    paintb4707 wrote: »
    So while were on the topic... what do you guys think of "diet" soda? I usually have 1 can a night with dinner. The nutrition facts make it seem harmless but I'm sure there's something hiding in there to go along with the unhealthy aspartame.

I figure all those people getting half-gallon fountain drinks from gas stations will keel over well before my can or two a day causes any serious damage icon_lol.gif
  • Options
    sdyesssdyess Member Posts: 44 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Diet Soda isn't good for you either. I hate the word diet. All the chemicals is what bothers me.
  • Options
    sandman748sandman748 Member Posts: 104
    Red Bull has been banned in france, denmark and sweden for a reason. Some of the other energy drinks contain up to 5x as much caffeine as red bull.

Many of these drinks also contain Ephedrine which acts as a stimulant causing increased heart rate and palpitations and is thought to have sever impact on the heart in the long term. This combined with the high amounts of caffeine, which also increase your heart rate makes for what can be a deadly combination.

Combine this with alcohol and you feel alert while still being drunk. You feel fine but are actually being dehydrated by both the alcohol and the caffeine.

Taurine is also in many of them as well, which is a natural substance released by the body to control heart rate. Adding this into the system through un-natural means has unknown effects but is not suggested by many doctors.

Personally, I stay the hell away from them. There was a time when we didn't know that smoking was harmful either.
    Working on CCIE Collaboration:
    Written Exam Completed June 2015 ~ 100 hrs of study
    Lab Exam Scheduled for Dec 2015
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Lifehacker has an interesting article Four Myths About Staying Hydrated Debunked. A little of topic, but still interesting.
  • Options
    paintb4707paintb4707 Member Posts: 420
    sdyess wrote: »
    All the chemicals is what bothers me.

Like what?
  • Options
    sandman748sandman748 Member Posts: 104
    paintb4707 wrote: »
    Like what?

- sodium benzoate has been linked to liver failure and degenerative diseases such as Parkinsons
    - Caffeine. Just because it's diet doesn't mean it doesnt have caffeine
    - Aspartame. I won't go into this because the effects are under debate.
    Working on CCIE Collaboration:
    Written Exam Completed June 2015 ~ 100 hrs of study
    Lab Exam Scheduled for Dec 2015
  • Options
    SrAtechieSrAtechie Member Posts: 150 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Personally, I am an avid Coke drinker. Just something about the taste... It's too strong for me though, so I usually have to water it down with some Crown or Jack. icon_biggrin.gif
    Working on: Linux+, CCNP:Switch