CNSS Standards

shednikshednik Member Posts: 2,005
Hello all,

This is more of a question towards JD and any of the CCSPs on the board, I'm sure there are some others as well who have the certificates. I was just wondering in your experiences what kind of recognition employers have given the CNSS certificates be it 4011 through 4016. I'm just trying to gauge the overall value of them thus far, I looked on dice and it looks like only 3 postings mention them as a preference. I'm not looking to move to a new job anytime soon I was just trying to gauge how well recognized they are. My masters program is difficult for a part time student to take the required courses for the CNSS certificates and the required courses for the program. Most of them seem to be offered in the same semesters. So basically I'm trying to gauge if they are worth pursuing or will having a well respected masters in infosec do the same for someone. Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• JDMurrayJDMurray Admin Posts: 13,023 Admin
    That's difficult to say because I've never had a recruiter or hiring manager tell me that they considered my CNSS credentials to be a primary motivating factor for interviewing or hiring me. Having " NSA/CNSS Certificates in Information Security (4011) and Systems Security Administration (4013)" on my resume is just one more thing to impress, but it's not really understood by many interviewers outside of the DoD. I ended up taking an extra class that I didn't need to graduate to get those certs, so I like to think that they are worth it.