Options

70-270 practice test questions 10 and 20

thejmanthejman Member Posts: 10 ■□□□□□□□□□
I have a question re: questions 10 and 20 on the practice exam.
Question 10:
10. You want to reduce the amount of space used on one of your FAT32 drive fast, so you decide to compress a folder named Odata with user data such as Word and Excel docs. When you want to enable compression on the folders properties sheet you notice compression is not available. How can you compress the files with the least amount of administrative effort and still be able to read the files?

a. Convert the drive to NTFS using convert.exe /fs:ntfs to enable NTFS File Compression
b. Convert the drive to NTFS using fs.exe /ntfs to enable NTFS File Compression
c. Create a new Compressed Folder and drag all the files from the Odata folder to the Compressed Folder and delete the original Odata folder
d. Use NTbackup.exe to create a file backup with maximum compression and delete the original Odata folder

Answer is C

Question 20:

20. Which of the following is true concerning drive compression in Windows XP Professional?

a. You can compress files and folders only on drives formatted with NTFS.
b. Compressed files and folders cannot be shared.
c. Compressed files and folders can be encrypted.
d. Compressed files and folders cannot be encrypted.

Answers are A and D

If you can only compress files and folders on NTFS drives how can the answer for question 10 be "c. Create a new Compressed Folder and drag all the files from the Odata folder to the Compressed Folder and delete the original Odata folder" if the drive in that question is FAT32?

If the volume is FAT32 do you have to create the .zip folder first and then drag the files to it? Is that the catch to this that I'm missing?

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Compress folders = .zip files. Since FAT does not support compression like NTFS does, you need to use those. I think you just got tripped up on the terminology.
  • Options
    TravR1TravR1 Member Posts: 332
    Yep, that question got me the first time too. Just remember .zip can be on FAT which is a little different from normal compression.

The question is there to help train you to notice little things like this on the real test, which I'm sure you will have questions like that thrown at you.
    Austin Community College, certificate of completion: C++ Programming.
    Sophomore - Computer Science, Mathematics