Baker College Online

veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
Anyone here taken classes with Baker College Online? I am trying to decide on my next move since my Associate's in Computer Networking Technology is almost over.

What was it like? Good Experience? Realllly hard?

I see that the classes are 6 weeks long which seems down right crazy!

Comments

• msteinhilbermsteinhilber Member Posts: 1,480 ■■■■■■■■□□
    I would avoid 6 week long classes personally. I've never taken a class there nor know anybody who has, but I doubt the material they cover in those 6 weeks is a large amount of work every week. At that point, you have to question how much you are going to retain when you are working hard to get through all of the reading assignments in addition to the associated assignments, tests/quizzes, and discussion postings that you typically have to participate in at length several days throughout the week.

I have had 8 week long classes, two at a time, and those were a fairly heavy workload. It was not uncommon in classes with a lot of material to cover to have 200 pages of reading each week for just a single class in addition to the rest of the coursework. I wouldn't want to imagine the stressfulness of 6 week long classes not to mention I would genuinely feel like I was throwing money away because I know I would personally not be capable of retaining much of that expensive knowledge you would be paying for.
  • veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I would avoid 6 week long classes personally. I've never taken a class there nor know anybody who has, but I doubt the material they cover in those 6 weeks is a large amount of work every week. At that point, you have to question how much you are going to retain when you are working hard to get through all of the reading assignments in addition to the associated assignments, tests/quizzes, and discussion postings that you typically have to participate in at length several days throughout the week.

I have had 8 week long classes, two at a time, and those were a fairly heavy workload. It was not uncommon in classes with a lot of material to cover to have 200 pages of reading each week for just a single class in addition to the rest of the coursework. I wouldn't want to imagine the stressfulness of 6 week long classes not to mention I would genuinely feel like I was throwing money away because I know I would personally not be capable of retaining much of that expensive knowledge you would be paying for.

Thanks for your comment msteinhilber. I am in the midst of an accelerated Accounting class that I only took because I didn't want to wait till the fall. Its my last class and I honestly hate it icon_wink.gif The speed of the classes for Baker is what has me concerned. I want to know my stuff and not feel overly rushed at the same time. Does anyone else have any thoughts about Baker Online?