Options

Yet another reason I love my job

AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
So I'm at work today chatting it up with my boss and we get talking about my JNCIE-ER test that is coming up this Friday. And he tells me that there's nothing urgent going on today or tomorrow and so to just finish off the day today by studying, it was about 9am at this point, and to stay home tomorrow to study more.

It just doesn't get better then this :D
"Bribe is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."

-Bender

Comments

• Options
    Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    Aldur wrote: »
    So I'm at work today chatting it up with my boss and we get talking about my JNCIE-ER test that is coming up this Friday. And he tells me that there's nothing urgent going on today or tomorrow and so to just finish off the day today by studying, it was about 9am at this point, and to stay home tomorrow to study more.

That is pretty awesome. Your boss must like you or you do good work or both:D.
  • Options
    djhss68djhss68 Member Posts: 205
    Your boss is cool.
  • Options
    snokerpokersnokerpoker Member Posts: 661 ■■■■□□□□□□
    That is great! And I thought my boss was cool........ good luck on your exam!
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    I'd have to admit your boss sounds cool and it is pretty impressive -- so far.

Finding a bottle of Johnny Walker Blue (or other expensive celebration type beverage) on your desk after you pass could make it even more impressive! icon_lol.gif

Good Luck!! icon_thumright.gif
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    carboncopycarboncopy Member Posts: 259
    That's nice... Good luck!
  • Options
    SrAtechieSrAtechie Member Posts: 150 ■□□□□□□□□□
    mikej412 wrote: »

Finding a bottle of Johnny Walker Blue (or other expensive celebration type beverage) on your desk after you pass could make it even more impressive! icon_lol.gif

Good Luck!! icon_thumright.gif

Amen brother! Hell, I'd settle for some Wild Turkey 101! (I guess I'm easy icon_lol.gif)
    Working on: Linux+, CCNP:Switch
  • Options
    Forsaken_GAForsaken_GA Member Posts: 4,024
    Uh huh, and how much per hour does he bill you out for? hehe
  • Options
    cheguarocheguaro Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I remember the days when I was studying for my master's degree, there was a time when I just needed to stay up all night to complete an assignment, I didn't sleep a bit until I finished it, but when I did finish it, I sent it via email, and then tried to sleep a bit but I overslept, I got about an hour late to work, I was told by my boss that if that ever happened again I was going to have to decide between my degree or my job. Time passed, I was never able to finish my degree because of the lack of time, that was 2 years ago, now I realized that I haven't added anything important to my resume in the 3 years that I've been in this job. Having a job where neither they train you nor you can study by yourself is definitely no good. That's why I'm quitting.
    "There is no real me, I simply am not there"
  • Options
    bellheadbellhead Member Posts: 120

Think about how much credit he earned with you with this one little carrot he gave you...
  • Options
    RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    bellhead wrote: »
    Think about how much credit he earned with you with this one little carrot he gave you...

Now just wait for the stick... icon_wink.gif