Options

SharePoint Usage Policy

RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
I work for a smallish, medium sized company. The technology side is relatively small. I have fewer than 100 PCs and just a few servers. The company has grown immensely over the past two years, though, and the amount of data they have is beginning to get unmanageable using their current standards. As an example, I have found folders on file shares with names like “stuff.”
So I have started using SharePoint in a testing environment and very quickly the users started adopting it like it was production. Even in departments where I had not done any discussion about using it, people have started asking for a site for their department. I have a new server coming and I am going to virtualize a WSS portal using SQL on the backend.
What I need is some sort of template document that I can modify to fit our needs with regard to proper usage. I want to spell out what types of names for objects are allowed and how the site should be used. I’d like something like what SANS has for Security Policies. Any ideas?

Comments