Options

LDAP searchbase for new copier

qwertyiopqwertyiop Member Posts: 725 ■■■□□□□□□□
My company just bought a new Ricoh MPC6000 copier. I was able to setup the scan to email via LDAP search but only to one OU. ex. OU=back office,DC=green,DC=local

It works but only to the users in that OU. I need to be able to also do this with the front office OU.

Is this possible and if so how would I be able to do that?

Comments

• Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    You could do something like that if it supported LDAP filter strings, but if it only wants a path to a container... I dunno. Did you consult the product documentation?

Could you create a new OU, move the back office OU and the front office OU into that OU, and use the new OU for the path on your Ricoh?
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Options
    qwertyiopqwertyiop Member Posts: 725 ■■■□□□□□□□
    blargoe wrote: »
    You could do something like that if it supported LDAP filter strings, but if it only wants a path to a container... I dunno. Did you consult the product documentation?

Could you create a new OU, move the back office OU and the front office OU into that OU, and use the new OU for the path on your Ricoh?

Thats actually what I mentioned to my superiors before i saw your post. They dont really like the idea but would like to use that LDAP function so that we dont have to actively add and delete the users.

I sent a email to our consultant just to get his input on this.

The only thing im worried about is that if I create a new OU and move the other 2 OU's into it is how it would affect the group policies that are attached to thoes OU's?