Options

Blog Feedback

buchatechbuchatech Member Posts: 89 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hi All. I have been blogging since September 2008. I built the site myself. A while back I realized I always read forum's, blog's and other tech sites when I run into a technical problem I can't solve. I started thinking what if techs stopped posting in forums or blogging about how they fixed problems they ran into. I then decided I should contribute to the pool of technical information out here. That is what brought me to blogging.

I am looking for some feedback on my blog. My blog URL is: buchatech.aiotechnology.com

Comments

• Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Looks like a great site, good work. Hopefully your experiences will be of benefit to others searching for answers.

I've been trying to get moving with exactly the same type of blog for almost a year now, from the perspective of the lone IT admin out there that are responsible for the design and implementation of enterprise apps in a smaller company... and being the only one there at the end of the day to support them... the guy wearing about 30 hats in a company.

One day when I was documenting steps to work around something that wasn't documented well on some Microsoft product it just clicked with me - I'm already documenting this, why not put it up on the web where others could benefit from my encounters?

Due to wearing the 30 hats and the full-time wife and kids commitment and everyone I know wanting free tech support with their computers and finding time to study for certs, I have had zero time to put into it though so I haven't made it public yet.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Nice clean layout; I really like that. Looks like you're doing great. Keep it up!
  • Options
    stupidboystupidboy Member Posts: 470
    You are so right, if techs stopped posting their experiences there are a number of things I'd never thought to have tried icon_wink.gif

Nice work on the blog, I've just added to my list of RSS feeds. Keep up the good work.
  • Options
    blargoe wrote: »
    Looks like a great site, good work. Hopefully your experiences will be of benefit to others searching for answers.

I've been trying to get moving with exactly the same type of blog for almost a year now, from the perspective of the lone IT admin out there that are responsible for the design and implementation of enterprise apps in a smaller company... and being the only one there at the end of the day to support them... the guy wearing about 30 hats in a company.

One day when I was documenting steps to work around something that wasn't documented well on some Microsoft product it just clicked with me - I'm already documenting this, why not put it up on the web where others could benefit from my encounters?

Due to wearing the 30 hats and the full-time wife and kids commitment and everyone I know wanting free tech support with their computers and finding time to study for certs, I have had zero time to put into it though so I haven't made it public yet.

Thanks. Yes the goal is for it to benefit to others in IT. Let us know when yours is up. I would like to check it out.
  • Options
    dynamik wrote: »
    Nice clean layout; I really like that. Looks like you're doing great. Keep it up!

Thank for the feedback.
  • Options
    stupidboy wrote: »
    You are so right, if techs stopped posting their experiences there are a number of things I'd never thought to have tried icon_wink.gif

Nice work on the blog, I've just added to my list of RSS feeds. Keep up the good work.

Yes that is what I figured and decided to put my expirences out there in hopes they would be useful.