Options

How did all of you make your start into I.T.

2»

Comments

• Options
    aordalaordal Member Posts: 372
    Umm... icon_scratch.gif

The FAQ is my favorite part. :D

Haha yeah, that and the typos... but thread derailing aside!

I started working for Dish Network as a phone tech. Did that for a couple years during college. Then I worked for IBM for one of their contracts just doing helpdesk, did that for a year. Then moved to another company doing more helpdesk, did that for 2 years. Then for another company doing deskside support, did that for a year and was slowly given sys/net admin tasks. Did those addtl tasks for a little over a year. Then I am where I am now as a "windows server admin".

I've done my helpdesk time in the trenches =d
  • Options
    bikeandskibikeandski Member Posts: 69 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I've always liked computers had one of the first personal computers available (Commodore 64) when I was about 13 or so... After I graduated from HS, my first real job was doing low voltage cabling, back then Cat3 was cutting edge! After about 1 1/2 or two years, I was offered a job from a client of the cabling company I was working for doing entry level IT stuff, building computers, etc...

Almost 20 years later, I'm still in IT, although I'm not that stoked on my current job, I'm hopeful something better will come along fairly soon.

Good luck too you!