Options

Just passed the MCSA!

soulrider4eversoulrider4ever Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
So, I finally finished off the 70-291 which concluded my MCSA. I also have the MCDST/MCP. I am currently unemployed from a layoff at my company's 'restructuring' (was doing helpdesk/network admin) - so while collecting unemployment, I decided to finish off the cert.

Thoughts on where to go next?? Where's a good place to find some 'work from home' server maintenance jobs? Any thoughts/pointers?

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Congrats!

I'd wrap up your MCSE. You might want to give Craiglist a shot for that type of work.

Welcome to the forums :D
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    First of all, congratulations! :D Getting that beastly exam out of the way is a nice feeling, isn't it?

As for where to go next, I'd recommend doing 70-293 next, as a lot of topics overlap and you'll be one step closer to the MCSE. After that, unless you have a particular need to do AD design, go for 70-298, since the security topics in 70-293 lead into 70-298 nicely. After that, polish off the full MCSE with 70-294. Of course, where you go after that, is up to you. Doing the upgrade-path to MCITP: Enterprise Administrator is probably not a bad idea.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.
  • Options
    crazyboi8503crazyboi8503 Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    rterrasirterrasi Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Slowhand wrote: »
    First of all, congratulations! :D Getting that beastly exam out of the way is a nice feeling, isn't it?

As for where to go next, I'd recommend doing 70-293 next, as a lot of topics overlap and you'll be one step closer to the MCSE. After that, unless you have a particular need to do AD design, go for 70-298, since the security topics in 70-293 lead into 70-298 nicely. After that, polish off the full MCSE with 70-294. Of course, where you go after that, is up to you. Doing the upgrade-path to MCITP: Enterprise Administrator is probably not a bad idea.

Quick question: I am about 90% sure about this, but I am also pursuing the MCSA path; would not 70-290,291, 270 and 620 qualify for an MCSA?
  • Options
    Bl8ckr0uterBl8ckr0uter Inactive Imported Users Posts: 5,031 ■■■■■■■■□□
    rterrasi wrote: »
    Quick question: I am about 90% sure about this, but I am also pursuing the MCSA path; would not 70-290,291, 270 and 620 qualify for an MCSA?

Yes it would...
  • Options
    SlowhandSlowhand Mod Posts: 5,161 Mod
    rterrasi wrote: »

Yup, that would qualify for the MCSA. You could also do 70-620 in place of 70-270 as your client OS exam and pick another elective exam entirely.

Free Microsoft Training: Microsoft Learn
    Free PowerShell Resources: Top PowerShell Blogs
    Free DevOps/Azure Resources: Visual Studio Dev Essentials

Let it never be said that I didn't do the very least I could do.