Options

MCSA and Powershell

yankee_racersyankee_racers Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi!

I am 2 exams away from my MCSA and I have just started studying for 70-290. I know that I want to learn Powershell because I think it will help me to be a great systems administrator. Do you think I should start now, and learn Powershell in tandem with my MCSA studies (and on through to the MCSE)? I am speculating (as I really don't know) that there might be some benefit in learning them together. I could go slowly and learn to use Powershell to do the things I am learning in my certification studies. Do you think this is a good idea or should I focus on 70-290 and learn Powershell after I have passed some more exams and have a better grasp on Server 2003?

Thanks for your opinions.

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I think it'll add some variety to your studies, and it's better to learn something over a longer period of time, so that'll be better than trying to cram PowerShell after you finish your MCSE studies.
  • Options
    yankee_racersyankee_racers Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Thanks for the reply. You are right having some variety helps keep things interesting. Maybe by the time I get MCSE I will be somewhat skilled in Powershell (which would be awesome!).
  • Options
    TopTechTopTech Member Posts: 37 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I would be more likely to just concentrate on the main exams / certification and do the other stuff later.
    I found through experience that you just end up with a handful of half-finished projects if you share your concentration and resources between several ongoing concerns.
  • Options
    TechStrikerTechStriker Member Posts: 131
    PowerShell will allow you to automate various tasks, is the way in the future any time invested will be beneficial.
    Passed SNIA - SCSP
    Working on VCP4