Options

70-643 - trainsignal

just curious, is anyone here using/used trainsignals 70-643 videos? I am watching them now and I must say i am bit unimpressed. I've only really watched the WDS stuff but it feels like "coach" doesnt know what he is doing. He didnt seem to know that sysprep strips domain membership if a machine is joined to the domain and for some reason he doesnt get technical. For instance he says that if you you try and use a capture image on a non-syspreped machine it wont be happy with you. Surely he could provide a better explanation than that. Plus there is the laughing at his own jokes. Would have been nice to see a failover cluster work as well.

Maybe I'm just over analysing or I'm just used to cbt nuggets videos. Hopefully the other videos in the series are better.

Comments

• Options
    stupidboystupidboy Member Posts: 470
    I've not used these exact TrainSingals but in the past I found them not to got deep enough when it was required. As you said, "tell me why" not just bluff me off.

I'm a big CBT Nuggets fan and recommend these all the way.
  • Options
    Hyper-MeHyper-Me Banned Posts: 2,059
    There are plenty of places that Coach Culbertson didnt go indepth enough for the 70-640 series, so this doesnt surprise me with the 643.

Which is unfortunate because that means ill have to once again take notes on what i DIDNT learn and go back and research those topics. :-/
  • Options
    blackngold4877blackngold4877 Member Posts: 19 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I haven't started 643 yet but I agree on 640, I find that CBT goes into much more detail. I actually liked Trainsignals 642 videos a lot but the 640 video has been lacking.
  • Options
    flurrballflurrball Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
    Bummer, I usually like to watch trainsignal first for a nice overview, then CBT for the deep explanations, but there isn't a 70-643 from CBT yet.

Ah well, I might use this as an excuse to get my CCNA. :D
  • Options
    GAngelGAngel Member Posts: 708 ■■■■□□□□□□
    I passed this on the weekend with a 907. Only used the sybex study guide as a quick review but i've had 6mths hands on doing testing so the apps wern't really new to me.

Hands on is the best way to pass this exam it asks very specific questions about apps.