Options

Create policy for Power User

qwertyiopqwertyiop Member Posts: 725 ■■■□□□□□□□
I would like to create a policy that automatically adds the Domain Users Group to the local Power Users Group.

Is this possible and ifso how would I do it?

Comments

• Options
    aordalaordal Member Posts: 372
    All I can think of off the top of my head is a startup script that adds the group. Probably what you'll end up having to do.
  • Options
    GAngelGAngel Member Posts: 708 ■■■■□□□□□□
    via network login script:
    net localgroup "power users" /add domain_name\domain_group

Use "Restricted Group" in Group Policy

How to Configure a Global Group to Be a Member of the Administrators Group on all Workstations
  • Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    You know that's generally a bad idea... do you have an app that requires it or something?
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    However, you can do it pretty easily using a Restricted Group Policy.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Options
    qwertyiopqwertyiop Member Posts: 725 ■■■□□□□□□□
    blargoe wrote: »
    You know that's generally a bad idea... do you have an app that requires it or something?

Actually several and just about everyone needs it. Its not to hard to manage all my users since I work in a office of about 30 and none of them have admin rights so they cant install anything.