Program opens but erm....

Lee HLee H Member Posts: 1,135
I cant see is because It was on a monitor that bas since been removed

The program is winamp but its happened before on a different program, it opens and plays the song but its nowhere to be seen

How can I remove this phantom display

Thanks

Comments

• wd40wd40 Member Posts: 1,017 ■■■■□□□□□□
    if you can see the application on the taskbar
    right click on it
    restore
    right click again
    move
    click and drag to the monitor that you have now.
  • /usr/usr Member Posts: 1,768
    I'm not sure exactly what you mean. You mean you had dual monitors setup and one has been removed, but applications are still opening on the monitor?

If the monitor is physically disconnected, Windows should recognize this and only use one display. If it doesn't, go into the Display properties (Right click desktop, Properties, Settings) and uncheck "Extend my Windows desktop onto this monitor" for whatever the bad monitor is.

Is that what you were asking?
  • Lee HLee H Member Posts: 1,135
    I had 3 monitors, now I only have 2

When I right click the program on the task bar I get
    Recent

"Music track list here"
    Winamp
    Pin this program to taskbar
    Close window
    Apart from re-installing the drivers, which I havent yet tried I dont know what else to do

Weird!!!!!
    try this
    alt+space
    m
    click and drag
  • Lee HLee H Member Posts: 1,135
    I cant see it to drag it

I will have to get my other graphics card from my other PC put into mine, flip over my dual mobo card, lump my CRT back onto my desk, run winamp then drag across to monitor 1 or 2, then remove monitor and graphics card, sounds like a big hastle to me, ide sooner resolve the issue at OS level

I re-installed the driver, NOTHING!!!

Later I will re-install winamp and see what that does, last time this happened though am sure I did re-install the app and nothing, will give it a bash

Thanks guys

Lee
  • PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    I have had this happen, but I don't understand why you are unable to switch the application to the active window.

What sort of GC do you have installed currently?

nVidia? ATI? onboard crap-ola type?
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
    You do not need to see it to drag it .. at least for normal applications.

if the window is not maximized Alt+Space will give you the window options "for the active window"

M will select move for you and and position the pointer at the center of the titlebar of the window

so, you just need to click without moving the mouse and drag the window.
  • aordalaordal Member Posts: 372
    Are you running windows 7? If so just go into the displays and tell windows 7 to not use that display anymore. The OS still thinks that display is there, if you just kill it all the programs will default back to the main display.

I've had this happen to me on a few programs in 7, it may be a bug or an undocument feature. /shrug