Options

70-620 passed

flurrballflurrball Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
So I passed the 70-620 this morning, probably my least favorite subject to study so far, but got a 950/1000 after a couple weeks of studying. Thought I would relate my study routine for this one.

I wanted to get this subject done quick, because I want to finish my MCITP so I can move on to finish my CCNA before November. First of all, I don't really use Vista much, I have Win7 on all my home comps, but they are similar enough that it definitely helped. I watched the CBT Nuggets videos, and went along with the videos in a Vista VM. Then I took the MS Press MeasureUp practice tests to see what I was weak on, since certain things I knew I had covered enough (Hours of videos on IE was making me go crazy). The stuff that I was weak on was what I spent the time messing around with, which was mostly the stuff I don't use (Mobile, Tablet, Calendar, etc.)

I have a Books24x7 account, so the stuff that I was weak on, I reviewed in the MS Press book, and the Vista Passport. I was actually going to study for one more week, but I was getting impatient cause I'm ready to move on, and apparently I knew more than I thought.

I will give this test some credit, it covered the subject material pretty well, didn't seem too focused in any one area, and as always, the sims are a better way to test for comprehension than questions alone.

It also didn't help that I went to a concert last night, didn't get to sleep until 2AM, and then had to wake up at 7AM to take the test feeling slightly hungover.

On to the 70-643....

Comments

• Options
    stupidboystupidboy Member Posts: 470
    Congratulations, it looks like covering several sources paid off for you in that great score.

Can I ask why not 70-680 if you are using Windows 7 at the moment?

Good luck with 70-643.
  • Options
    flurrballflurrball Member Posts: 50 ■■□□□□□□□□
    It boiled down to the fact that if I have to look for a job in 6 months, I would rather have a Vista cert than a Win7 cert, since there will probably be more companies looking for people trained with Vista than the brand new Win7.

Even though I don't want to do anymore desktop support, it will be a few months before I feel ready to try and get some kind of network/server admin job. Kinda just a protection in case my company decides to can me.