How hard is the Network+ Exam

billscott92787billscott92787 Member Posts: 933
Hello,

I am currently studying for my CCNA exam. How hard is the actual Network+ exam? I'm definitely looking to take this exam as well, just not sure if there would be anything additional to my CCNA studies that I would need to do before completing this exam as well.

Comments

• jscimeca715jscimeca715 Member Posts: 280
    Bill, have you started studying for the Network+ exam? I recommend taking a look at this thread here:

http://www.techexams.net/forums/general-certification/45097-network-before-ccna-ccent.html

It details a lot of members' opinions regarding whether network+ is needed if you're doing CCNA.
  • billscott92787billscott92787 Member Posts: 933
    Ok, thank you. I will just go to the CCNA instead of wasting $100+ dollars on the Network+ exam. I may take the A+ just to have it and the security+. Then down the road, I'll probably focus on the CCNP. I may get it later down the road, my company will reimburse me for it. But, I'll wait and see.
  • skrpuneskrpune Member Posts: 1,409
    Ok, thank you. I will just go to the CCNA instead of wasting $100+ dollars on the Network+ exam. I may take the A+ just to have it and the security+. Then down the road, I'll probably focus on the CCNP.
    I don't know that I'd call the Network+ exam a waste - it's just got a different focus than CCNA. I learned a lot about general networking during my Network+ studies, and it's given me a good foundation for the Security+ exam too.

The difficulty level really depends on your individual experience and knowledge, so I'd say just review the exam objectives & judge for yourself. I didn't have any real experience with networking and most of the topics were new to me other than what was already touched upon in the A+ objectives, so I took a bit longer to prepare for the exam and I found it somewhat challenging, but it's not like it's rocket science either.
    Currently Studying For: Nothing (cert-wise, anyway)
    Next Up: Security+, 291?

Enrolled in Masters program: CS 2011 expected completion