Options

The classes I'm taking in college, opinions? Also any more material and video

Program Award Search - Details

I just started over the summer, and just done Network Essentials(Using Cisco Networking Academy networking basics and IT essentials 2 books) and beginning algebra.

I'm using Ccna 2 companion guide Routers and Routing Basics for my next class for cisco. And I'm doing Windows Admin 1 which is Windows Vista Unleashed second edition.

But anyway, with my flow path for my degree what certs would I be able to achieve? Aside from CCNA of course.

Aside from books for school, I Also got a home lab of cisco gear and I also I got a couple other books as well, I got network+ a guide to networks 4th edition(for network essentials, my teacher is switching to the 5th edition of that book, insaid of cisco books for his students next semester)

Ive also got [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]"CCNA: Cisco Certified Network Associate Study Guide: Exam 640-802"
Todd Lammle[/SIZE][/FONT] book coming and [FONT=verdana,arial,helvetica][SIZE=-1]CCNA Portable Command Guide (2nd Edition).

I also ordered
[/SIZE][/FONT] CCNA Video Mentor: (CCNA Exam 640-802) (Video Learning) (2nd Edition) by Wendell Odom

And my dad has a network+ cert and is letting me use his transignal video for network+

I also have packet tracer to mess with.

If anyone else has suggestions on material, or if I'm kinda overkill on what I use let me know lol
Started a forum for networking students, its new and needs people!
http://netadminstudents.zxq.net/phpBB3/
HTC students encouraged to join :)

Comments

• Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    Why don't you wait and see what your Course Instructor recommends at the time the put out the syllabus?

It is good to use a variety of sources when preparing for classes and such, but you may want to focus on learning the material as they present it to you first, THEN you can begin digging deeper into the how's and why's of things after you have a bit more knowledge on the particular subject matter.

The way US schools are set up, many don't fancy seeing 'outside' ideas coming into the class.

It is a better way to learn things and will likely prepare you to ask better questions, but if you are going for 'grades' or if your classes require prerequisites to take the next class...focusing on passing isn't a bad idea...then broaden your materials.

It's been many years since I was in a degree program, but it was normal or our professors to include additional subject material recommendations with their syllabus along-side the required texts.
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?