Options

Timing Information for CCNA-640-802

maveric121maveric121 Member Posts: 4 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hey all

Hope this finds you in good health. I have some questions . can any 1 please answer them.

i know that there are I guess 45-55 questions in CCNA 640-802 with 120 minutes. I want to break them up and ask you that :

1. How many questions of type(Multiple Choice Questions/Fill in the blank/ etc) come in the real exam CCNA
2. How many testlets come in the real exam?
3. How many Simlets come in the rea exam?
4. How many Router Simulations come in the exam?
5. How much time (seconds or minutes) should I spend on the Multiple Choice Questions ?
6. How much time (seconds or minutes) should I spend on the Testlets?
7. How much time (seconds or minutes) should I spend on the Simlets?
8. How much time (seconds or minutes) should I spend on the Router Simulations?

Thanx !!

Comments

• Options
    XenzXenz Member Posts: 140
    This would fall under the NDA agreement we signed.

As far as time management, average out the time you can spend on each question based on the information Cisco gives you.

45-55 questions, 90 minute time limit.

https://cisco.hosted.jivesoftware.com/community/certifications/ccna/ccna_exam
    Currently working on:
    CCNP, 70-620 Vista 70-290 Server 2003
    Packet Tracer activities and ramblings on my blog:
    http://www.sbntech.info
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    maveric121 wrote: »
    1. How many questions of type(Multiple Choice Questions/Fill in the blank/ etc) come in the real exam CCNA
    2. How many testlets come in the real exam?
    3. How many Simlets come in the rea exam?
    4. How many Router Simulations come in the exam?

Cisco Career Certifications and Confidentiality Agreement
    You agree that the contents of the exam are confidential and that the disclosure of that information could compromise the integrity of the Program and of Certifications. Cisco makes exams available to you solely to test your knowledge of the exam subject matter for which you seek Certification. You are expressly prohibited from disclosing, publishing, reproducing, or transmitting any exam and any related information including, without limitation, questions, answers, worksheets, computations, drawings, diagrams, length or number of exam segments or questions, or any communication, including oral communication regarding or related to the exam (known collectively as “Proprietary Information”), in whole or in part, in any form or by any means, oral or written, electronic or mechanical, for any purpose, without the prior express written permission of Cisco.
    Cisco Candidate Conduct Policy
    No candidate will take any action that will compromise the integrity or confidentiality of a Cisco Certification examination or otherwise compromise the integrity of the Cisco Certification program. Such actions include but are not limited to:
    • Disseminating actual exam content via web postings, discussion groups, chat rooms, study guides, etc.
    maveric121 wrote: »
    5. How much time (seconds or minutes) should I spend on the Multiple Choice Questions ?
    6. How much time (seconds or minutes) should I spend on the Testlets?
    7. How much time (seconds or minutes) should I spend on the Simlets?
    8. How much time (seconds or minutes) should I spend on the Router Simulations?
    I usually averaged about 1 minute per question on my exams -- except for the CCIP BGP & MPLS exams.

You shouldn't take more than 10 minutes for a SIM. If you haven't gotten it by then you're just wasting time you could use on the "easy questions" -- and you can always hope it's an ungraded "beta" question. If you have a problem with a question -- other than not know how to answer it correctly -- leave a comment. I had one SIM where the exhibit graphic was 2x the screen width and I couldn't see the scroll bar. After leaving some strongly worded comments, I looked closely and notice a 1 pixel high line under the graphic -- which when I click on the right side of the line the graphic scrolled. icon_rolleyes.gif Nothing like a 1 pixel high scroll bar to get the blood pumping during an exam. After the exam I realized it probably was an ungraded "beta" question.

A Simlet is just something like 3-6 related questions where you can use CLI commands on a simulated console connection to find the answers. No clue how they grade it, but I just count it as one question and try not to spend more than 2 or 3 minutes total on the entire Simlet.

Testlets are more like a "shaggy dog story" exhibit (and maybe graphic) followed by 3-5 related questions. You use the facts in the exhibit and/or graphic and your knowledge to answer the questions. You're more likely to see Testlets in design exams.

At the beginning of the exam they'll tell you the actual number of questions you'll be getting and how much time you have. I usually subtract about 20 minutes from the total time to allow for unexpected SIMs and jot down the expected time and question numbers for the 1/4, 1/2, and 3/4 points -- and I pause a few times during the exam to compare my actual question # and time against my "target times." This has worked for me through about 25 Cisco exams or so.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    billscott92787billscott92787 Member Posts: 933
    Maveric, I would recommend taking a look at the Boson practice exams. If you have the ICND1 and ICND2 books, they are given to you for free along with a registration number to get the full practice exams. This way you can see the type of questions, and kind of pace yourself to do a "semi-real" practice test before taking the actual test. Everyone that I have read that has used the Boson practice tests advised that they have been well prepared. Many people have even said that the Boson exam questions were harder than the actual questions on the CCNA exam. I can not say if this is true because I have not taken my CCNA yet.