Options

Taking 640-802 on Fri. 8/21

psilikonpsilikon Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
I only have a few weeks until I sit the 640-802. So far my preparation has consisted of:
- Took the Cisco Networking Academy courses
- Spending a fair amount of time on my home lab consisting of 3 routers and 2 switches (2524, 2611, iad2432, cat 2924 & 2950)
- Used CCNA Study Guide sixth edition by Todd Lammle
- Browsed through a CCNA cram book geared towards the 640-801 that I purchased from the thrift store for $1. Sersiously... a dollar and I am rather impressed with the book.

Right now I am really looking forward to it but I need to tighten up everything in my head. EIGRP and OSPF are weak as well as frame-relay. Plus I need to make sure I don't get tripped up by any auto summary questions; those things worry me.

Can anyone tell me if I can use "?" on the sims without violating the NDA?

Comments

• Options
    jbrad95706jbrad95706 Member Posts: 225
    I think you can.

Any reason you are going the 1 test route? I hear it's much harder. icon_surprised.gif

Edit: Oh, and good luck! :)
  • Options
    psilikonpsilikon Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    The one test option seems easier to me on the basis that there are only a finite number of questions covering a larger knowledge base. In other words wider and less deep. I could be wrong and I am open to suggestions.
  • Options
    ziggi138ziggi138 Member Posts: 94 ■■□□□□□□□□
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    psilikon wrote: »
    a finite number of questions covering a larger knowledge base.
    .... and fewer "easy questions" :D

Good Luck icon_thumright.gif -- back in the "old days" when there was a "financial incentive" (i.e., it was cheaper) a lot of people did study for and pass the single exam option.

? and tab and "partial credit" is mentioned in the Forum CCNA FAQ. The only time it might not work could be if they are testing to see if you knew what the full cocmmand was. The best advice I ever heard was learn the full commands first, then worry about using shortcuts and command line help and command compleation later.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    billscott92787billscott92787 Member Posts: 933
    I agree, I am going the one exam route as well. When I realized there are less questions, I instantly knew that meant that the exam is definitely harder than taking the exam in two different exam steps. But, I figured I would much rather study, try for the CCNA with the one test option, and see what happens. If you haven't checked them out, I would try to take a practice exam through Boson. If you have the ICND1 and ICND2 books, it comes with them for free. I have heard they do a pretty good job of letting you know what the test is like and what to expect.