Options

Just Passed with 804.

ucanbbreacheducanbbreached Member Posts: 30 ■■□□□□□□□□
Wow guys this is a difficult exam mostly b/c of the broad aspect Comptia uses to ask the questions. icon_twisted.gif There isn't a whole lot of detail in them.

You really need to know what you are answering. Deducing an answer is a definite strategy again b/c of the broad question format. It makes sense though. How many of you are confronted with the exact details of a project, task or better yet problem with services.

Also, the exam is difficult b/c it covers so much information (not as much as the CISSP) but a lot.

I used the Microsoft Press book for main studying material, and my experience in the field to supplement. I suggest to research some of the other book reviews before buying this one though. It seemed to rely on references to other material too much. Always pointing to very lengthy RFC's and other web sources instead of trying to relay it in the pages. I guess they were going for profit on this version probably by using the 'first to market' business strategy. It wasn't the first but it was one of the first. Microsoft for you. RFC's and NIST articles are the standards that technology are based on though, your gamble.

If you do buy this one it did cover the objectives but I definitely suggest reading some of the RFC and NIST articles on the CD included with the book. I didn't read many of them but the ones I did read helped out tremendously with the policy and AAA subject matter.

I also used the transcender to supplement and prepare for the type of questions asked. It wasn't that great. This sites Sec+ practice exam was way better. It has a few discrepancies but the content far outweighs the transcenders even with only 75 questions.

I also tried the preplogic demo. It seemed to have better questions also. What I mean by better is not that the questions are more accurate to the actual exam but they have more relevancy to the question concepts (also applies to techexams).

On to the CCSP track!! (this one is a long road -- 5 exams) but I am contemplating that certified hacker cert that one of the other members posted some link to. It sounds fun and rewarding.

Any ideas on where to go besides the CCSP give me a reply!

ucan

Comments