Options

CCIE R&S Written Exam Beta Available

PStefanovPStefanov Member Posts: 79 ■■□□□□□□□□
https://cisco.hosted.jivesoftware.com/community/certifications/ccie_routing_switching/written_exam?tab=take-your-written-exam

Most of you probably got this via email from Cisco. I am thinking of going in order to add 2 to more years to my expiration date.

PS: Does anyone know what happens if I pass the beta of R&S and then pass the SP written? Does that mean I get just 2 or 4 more years to my expiration date if I pass both exams? $50 is ridiculous compared to $350, but if it's just 2 years both exams, then no thanks.

Comments

• Options
    kalebkspkalebksp Member Posts: 1,033 ■■■■■□□□□□
    If it works like their other certifications it won't add two years, just reset the expiration to 2 years.
  • Options
    For the CCIE it adds 2 more years, it doesn't reset to 2 years from the date you passed. Just not sure if it works the same way for betas and for recertification by passing the written of a different track.
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Recertification - CCIE - Cisco Systems
    To maintain active status, every 24 months CCIEs are required to pass one of the following: any CCIE written exam of their choosing, a CCIE lab exam, or either of the CCDE exams.
    Candidates can only apply one passed written exam towards recertification for every 24 month recertification period.

Ask Cisco Online Certification Support to confirm the beta does recertify -- if it didn't work like a regular CCIE Written exam there wouldn't be any point to taking it.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    Thanks. It's $50 saved then :)
  • Options
    ITdudeITdude Member Posts: 1,181 ■■■□□□□□□□
    From my email: <[EMAIL="Learning@Cisco"]Learning@Cisco[/EMAIL]> Beta Available for CCIE Routhing and Switching v4.0 Written Exam.

Is this as new track?icon_lol.gificon_wink.gif
    I usually hang out on 224.0.0.10 (FF02::A) and 224.0.0.5 (FF02::5) when I'm in a non-proprietary mood.

jason_lundejason_lunde Member Posts: 567
    I dont know...the website you linked to pstefanov says:

"The beta exam will be offered at a discounted price of US$50, with full recertification or lab qualification credit granted to all passing candidates."

This to me says it will act as a recertification....or even lab qual.
  • Options
    ColbyGColbyG Member Posts: 1,264
    Hell, for $50, why not.

Edit: 6-8 weeks for results, out.
  • Options
    CCIEWANNABECCIEWANNABE Banned Posts: 465
    so, is this a mandatory exam (written v4.0) to take on the path to scheduling the v4.0 lab now? When do they plan on getting rid of v3.0 and implementing v4.0? also, 4 weeks for test results? what is this, the new CISSP:] why the wait? seems kinda wierd if you ask me.
  • Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    why the wait?
    It's a beta exam. They may toss out questions that lots of people got wrong after reviewing the results and double checking the wording of the question(s).

The beta exam is good for those people who want to (hopefully) save some money and aren't in any rush -- like CCIEs looking for a cheap recertification or someone wanting to save up some money for their future lab exam and travel expense.

If you are ready for the written and want to schedule a lab attempt within the next 4 weeks, then take the existing CCIE R&S Written Exam.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!