Options

Update:Job

t3ch_gurut3ch_guru Member Posts: 166
This is weird but the place I had two interviews with re-posted the position. They sent a email to me telling me that they found a better candidate than me. Now I don't know if it didn't work out with that individual. But, wouldn't you think they would of called me maybe? I felt like sending my resume personally. I'm confused. ANy advice would be cool...Maybe they didnt like me.
Knowledge is Power.

Comments

• Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Wouldn't hurt to try them again, what's the worst that could happen?
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Options
    networker050184networker050184 Mod Posts: 11,962 Mod
    Like blargoe said it couldn't hurt. You already know the feeling of being rejected :)
    An expert is a man who has made all the mistakes which can be made.
  • Options
    shodownshodown Member Posts: 2,271
    I was rejected by my current employer. They called me back a month later, and offered me much more than I asked for initially. Nothing to lose.
    Currently Reading

CUCM SRND 9x/10, UCCX SRND 10x, QOS SRND, SIP Trunking Guide, anything contact center related
  • Options
    arwesarwes Member Posts: 633 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Go for it man. You don't sound bitter about it, but if they interview you again, be as upbeat as possible. Their decision to choose another candidate wasn't personal at all. I had a coworker who was laid off due to budget cuts, and they were going to rehire him a few months later but during the interview he was obviously still bitter about the situation so they hired someone else. Good luck!
    [size=-2]Started WGU - BS IT:NDM on 1/1/13, finished 12/31/14
    Working on: Waiting on the mailman to bring me a diploma
    What's left: Graduation![/size]
  • Options
    t3ch_gurut3ch_guru Member Posts: 166
    Yeah I will give it another try. We shall see. Thanks everyone.
    Knowledge is Power.
  • Options
    laidbackfreaklaidbackfreak Member Posts: 991
    unless the advert states "previous applicants need not apply" or simliar I'd certainly follow it up, look on the positive side they may have assumed your no longer on the market or interested in them.

either way got nothing to lose icon_smile.gif
    if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)
  • Options
    captobviouscaptobvious Member Posts: 648
    t3ch_guru wrote: »
    This is weird but the place I had two interviews with re-posted the position. They sent a email to me telling me that they found a better candidate than me. Now I don't know if it didn't work out with that individual. But, wouldn't you think they would of called me maybe? I felt like sending my resume personally. I'm confused. ANy advice would be cool...Maybe they didnt like me.
    Not as weird as you think. I had this happen to me in a different industry. They aren't going to call you assuming you have moved on to a different position. At least that's what they told me in my case.

So, what the heck! Apply again and this time if they offer, shoot for the moon!
  • Options
    CompuTron99CompuTron99 Member Posts: 542
    The same thing happened to me a few years ago. I went through 2 full interviews with a written and verbal exam , then had a 3rd Interview / Ride-Along. On the Ride-ALong I had to "shadow" and help out one of the Network Admins. I did well and got along fine with him. I ended getting an email forwarded from the company's administrative assistant from the IT Director saying I wasn't a good fit the next day. I missed about 2 full days of work to go on those interviews. I was pretty ticked. The company had the ad posted, and even called a friend of mine that had a resume posted online about the position several weeks later.
  • Options
    pipemajorpipemajor Member Posts: 65 ■■□□□□□□□□
    If a company fills a position and the selected candidate doesn't work out (fails a drug test, takes a better offer, etc.) many times the company will do a direct offer to the other finalists. It costs them time and $$$ to repost the position.