Options

management experience???

jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
Hey

I've been wondering what would be considered management experience.
I'm thinking of putting it down on my resume because at my last place,
I've been in charge of groups of people (10 at most) to get objectives done
but it wasn't a day to day thing. If I needed people to get what I needed done
then I would try to get people to help me or people would be sent to help me.
I would also have to show new people how things were done to fulfill the objectives.
This happened when I got the help that I needed. So would that be training as well???
I'm not sure what the people would say when they would call my references because the people on my reference list didn't exactly see me work on these objectives.
So what do you all think?
Booya!!
WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
*****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****

Comments

• Options
    UnixGuyUnixGuy Mod Posts: 4,565 Mod
    if you want to have management experience in your resume, I suggest you talk to your current employer and request job title change to something like Team Leader, this will definitely give a formal acknowledgment to your management experience.
    Certs: GSTRT, GPEN, GCFA, CISM, CRISC, RHCE

Learn GRC! GRC Mastery : https://grcmastery.com 

• Options
    NinjaBoyNinjaBoy Member Posts: 968
    Based on what you've said, I agree with UnixGuy :)
    UnixGuy wrote: »
    if you want to have management experience in your resume, I suggest you talk to your current employer and request job title change to something like Team Leader, this will definitely give a formal acknowledgment to your management experience.

However if they won't change you're job title, ask them if they'll added it to your job description, eg team leading, team management, etc...

-ken
  • Options
    jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I'm actually unemployed at the moment.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****