Options

Windows 7 Family Pack License

ClaymooreClaymoore Member Posts: 1,637
Catching up on some blog posts this morning and I ran across this:

Windows Anytime Upgrade and Family Pack Pricing - Windows 7 Team Blog - The Windows Blog
Today, most homes have more than one PC in them. When you run Windows 7 on more than one PC on a home network, you can do more with features like HomeGroup. HomeGroup allows people to connect to PCs on their network and share files, music and photos with the whole family – easily. The Windows 7 Family Pack is an easy and affordable way to get all your PCs in your household running Windows 7 through licensing to install Windows 7 Home Premium on up to 3 PCs.

The Windows 7 Family Pack will be available starting on October 22nd until supplies last here in the US and other select markets. In the US, the price for the Windows 7 Family Pack will be $149.99 for 3 Windows 7 Home Premium licenses. That’s a savings of more than $200 for three licenses. This is a great value and we’re excited to be able to offer it to customers.

I already ordered discounted Windows 7 home premium licenses for the wife and I (and we didn't need 3 licenses anyway), but I like the aggressive pricing. Looks like MS wants people upgrading as soon as possible rather than waiting until they buy a new PC.

Comments

• Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I was wondering when they would release the pricing for that. If that's a full license and not an upgrade license that's a pretty good deal.
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Options
    nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Claymoore wrote: »

Looks like MS wants people upgrading as soon as possible rather than waiting until they buy a new PC.

When has a new windows OS never required a hardware upgrade for most folks :D

Pretty good pricing though.
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • Options
    blargoeblargoe Member Posts: 4,174 ■■■■■■■■■□
    7 runs pretty good on my 4 year old Dell laptop... though it was top of the line at the time
    IT guy since 12/00

Recent: 11/2019 - RHCSA (RHEL 7); 2/2019 - Updated VCP to 6.5 (just a few days before VMware discontinued the re-cert policy...)
    Working on: RHCE/Ansible
    Future: Probably continued Red Hat Immersion, Possibly VCAP Design, or maybe a completely different path. Depends on job demands...
  • Options
    RTmarcRTmarc Member Posts: 1,082 ■■■□□□□□□□
    nel wrote: »
    When has a new windows OS never required a hardware upgrade for most folks :D

Pretty good pricing though.

Windows 7 - in my experience - runs better on the same hardware as Vista and almost as good as XP on some older machines.
  • Options
    LaminiLamini Member Posts: 242 ■■■□□□□□□□
    the first OS where I did not use drivers to install my computer. scanner, printer, nics, monitors, raid0 raptors, wireless card, videocard, bluetooth receiver, controllers, ... i think you catch my drift. never was i able to install windows, and all my other peripherals out of the box without installing drivers
    CompTIA: A+ / NET+ / SEC+
    Microsoft: MCSA 2003
  • Options
    tierstentiersten Member Posts: 4,505
    Lamini wrote: »
    the first OS where I did not use drivers to install my computer. scanner, printer, nics, monitors, raid0 raptors, wireless card, videocard, bluetooth receiver, controllers, ... i think you catch my drift. never was i able to install windows, and all my other peripherals out of the box without installing drivers
    That just means your equipment is old enough for drivers to be prepackaged in Windows 7 or they're backwards compatible with existing drivers.