Options

83-640

Anyone else having issues taking the 83-640? I'm at a boot camp (sent by work) and we took it on Wed. They had so many problems that half of the class didn't even get to take it. Those of us that did had serious issues. Not one of us had a test work correctly. Some were able to do the some sims and the questions, two of us (I was one of these really lucky ones) weren't able to do any of the sims, just the questions. The test stalled out at the end and didn't give me a score, but without doing any sims I'm sure I couldn't have passed. The boot camp people are supposedly working with Prometric and MS to determine our results but who knows. According to our instructor everyone is having issues with the exam but I saw some posts on here that sounds like it went smooth for others. So I'm trying to decide if I should take the free voucher and retake it once I get home, or push to retake it Sunday before I leave.
The irony truly is strange that you're the only one you can change. -- Anthony Gomes

Comments

• Options
    texasittexasit Member Posts: 147
    I took the exam last friday and I had no issues
  • Options
    BradHBradH Member Posts: 160
    I took it too when 83-640 was first available in Australia... no issues here either once the exam started...
    EA Path - 70-643 - Passed - 70-680 - Passed - 70-647 - To Complete
  • Options
    draineydrainey Member Posts: 261
    Retook it today. 1st lab wouldn't load, 2nd did. So I was able to complete one lab and all multiple choice questions. Initial results seem to be a pass, but I don't have official confirmation of that yet.
    The irony truly is strange that you're the only one you can change. -- Anthony Gomes
  • Options
    sebstersebster Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Sure did have issues with this one, killed itself twice in the labs and then lost all the settings in the 2nd lab.

Got a fail mark on prometric website, i disputed and asked for a score sheet.

Thats when Microsoft got involved and gave me a free retake.
    What i have been hearing that the same places seem to have issues with this exam while at other testing centres they appear to have no issues.

could also be just a luck of the day.... icon_neutral.gif
    Have you turned it off and on again??
  • Options
    draineydrainey Member Posts: 261
    That seems to be what I'm hearing also. Best of luck on the retake. So far everyone who completed one lab and the questions (at least here anyway) the first time we tested has received and email from MS stating they passed. So I'm crossing my fingers and until I get an email. Should be Tues. or Weds. this week.
  • Options
    AshenweltAshenwelt Member Posts: 266 ■■■■□□□□□□
    My last sim froze and I waited 10 minutes for it. It didn't come back. Still passed so I didn't worry about it. It was however reported.
    Ashenwelt
    -Always working on something...
    -The RepAdmin Active Directory Blog
  • Options
    marticusmarticus Member Posts: 6 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I took it today. I couldn't get the 2nd sim to accept any changes.