Exam Simulations

Johnny JohnsonJohnny Johnson Member Posts: 241 ■■■□□□□□□□
For those who have already taken the exam, and without violating the NDA of course, what topics did some of the simulations cover? For some reason I have yet to encounter a simulation on the practice exams I'm taking, only drag and drops.

Thanks in advance!
Next up: 100-101 ICND1 :study:

Keep the Son in your eyes!

Comments

• PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I would practice with GPOs, setting up security
  • mikedisd2mikedisd2 Member Posts: 1,096 ■■■■■□□□□□
    I just joined the 293 forum and up until now it's been referred as the mini-beast and a quasi-duplicate of 291.
    Now I'm here everyone says it's harder than a coffin's nail. Kinda disconcerting.
  • PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    I found the 291 and 293 to be equally difficult in different ways.
    The 291 is broad, covering a lot of topics, and I think it focuses more on the managing and maintaining part.
    the 293 is I think more detailed in setting up the domain specifics like network topology, deciding what network connection/speed you might need. 293 goes into some security areas, but if you have taken security+ and the 299, its not that hard. I think with the 293, you need to supplement with other sources, as its lacking in some areas and assumes you are knowledgeable in other areas.
    I have found that actually typing out all the lesson / chapter summaries and reading over them every day..a lot of work...but worth it, typing out the questions and going over them daily will help A LOT. Hands-on with the 291 and 293 are essential. Unless you have been doing this for years, everyday, it can be hard to wrap your mind around it.
    I am fortunate to have a lab at work, where I can set up servers and practice setting up domains, ous, sites, GPO, CA, DNS, DHCP, RRAS, etc. I work as a tech and we rarely work directly with the servers, so I am trying to get as much hands-on as I can.
    Hope that helps...:D