Options

Great postings

ForeverIT27ForeverIT27 Member Posts: 60 ■■□□□□□□□□
I'm new here and I have to say I'm very pleased to be part of this great sites. So far, I've really enjoyed reading some of the tips about preparing/taking MCDST.

I started my studies for this course (MCDST) last week and could really use some more learning tips/advice/and materials for the exams.
I understand this is a two Subjects course for one Cert. what is the passing score for both and how many questions are on each exam?

Cheers

Comments

• Options
    IkkaIkka Member Posts: 11 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Welcome to the forum =)
    If i remember right when i done my 70-272 i had about 40 questions, as far as I'm aware the pass mark for all MS exams is 700 and you normally get 30 to 50 questions. More recently for me I've been getting more towards 50 questions in my past exams.

Good luck on your MCDST =)
  • Options
    shinji318shinji318 Member Posts: 3 ■□□□□□□□□□
    I just took the 70-271 this past Saturday (barely passed it :D). Passing score is 700, there were about 49 questions. There were a lot of questions regarding network connectivity, troubleshooting hardware devices & drivers, shares & NTFS permissions, etc. Not much about installation. There was a question about L2 VPN. (I didn't know the answer to that one)
  • Options
    PsoasmanPsoasman Member Posts: 2,687 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Go to MS site and look at the exam objectives. Make sure you can do / answer the questions. I think both exams run around 45 questions, covering multiple choice, drag and drop, point and shoot,and SIMS, which aren't hard if you have some XP experience. You need to get 700 to pass. ON your practice exams, you should be scoring at least 800.

I'm new here and I have to say I'm very pleased to be part of this great sites. So far, I've really enjoyed reading some of the tips about preparing/taking MCDST.

I started my studies for this course (MCDST) last week and could really use some more learning tips/advice/and materials for the exams.
    I understand this is a two Subjects course for one Cert. what is the passing score for both and how many questions are on each exam?

Cheers