Options

601 and 602 time line

z3pxz3px Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
Hey all, I'm about to start studying for A+ and I'm wondering how similar the two tests (essentials and IT tech) are. Can I take one pretty close to the other? I feel like I'm already very familiar with the content of the exams.

Comments

• Options
    mart28mart28 Member Posts: 17 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Hi
    From what I remember(did my A+ a few months ago) they where both petty alike and did them a week a part.

Also I'd recommend that if you feel ready to sit the exam you should start asap or something else will come up and stop you from your studies.
  • Options
    cyber649cyber649 Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    The 602 is the trickier one of the two exams. I thought I blew it, but was surprised to find I scored 827. Which was higher then my 601 at 807.

But, if you know your stuff inside and out, I don't think there will be any problems.
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    z3px wrote: »
    Hey all, I'm about to start studying for A+ and I'm wondering how similar the two tests (essentials and IT tech) are. Can I take one pretty close to the other? I feel like I'm already very familiar with the content of the exams.

I'd recommend taking them the same day, but you'll need to decide for yourself if this works for you or if you'd waste your effort.

In the field, you need to understand the concepts simultaneously, therefore, I do not see a need to put weeks between the two exams. Plus, I don't usually have 2 'free' days to schedule exams, but I can get 1 half day to set aside a couple hours for the exams.

YMMV
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    I took them both this morning, passed both no problems. I was able to schedule and pay for 602 after passing 601. I would recommend only scheduling 601 then pay and take 602 after. I found that both tests were very similar.
  • Options
    PlantwizPlantwiz Mod Posts: 5,057 Mod
    z3px wrote: »
    I took them both this morning, passed both no problems. I was able to schedule and pay for 602 after passing 601. I would recommend only scheduling 601 then pay and take 602 after. I found that both tests were very similar.

icon_scratch.gif

Why not schedule them both and be done?
    Some exam centers are booked up on time slots and you may not get in to take your exam if you do this....YMMV
    Plantwiz
    _____
    "Grammar and spelling aren't everything, but this is a forum, not a chat room. You have plenty of time to spell out the word "you", and look just a little bit smarter." by Phaideaux

***I'll add you can Capitalize the word 'I' to show a little respect for yourself too.

'i' before 'e' except after 'c'.... weird?
  • Options
    Plantwiz wrote: »
    icon_scratch.gif

Why not schedule them both and be done?
    Some exam centers are booked up on time slots and you may not get in to take your exam if you do this....YMMV

Because I only studied for a few days and I honestly didn't know how I was going to do.