Options

MCT to CTT+?

steved64steved64 Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
Hi i'm currently a certified MCT and was wondering how to go about getting the Comptia CTT+. Is it "just" a matter of passing the relevant exam(s) and submitting the video? as i've already done the Train the Trainer course to get the MCT.

Doesnt seem to be very clear to me on sites I've looked at.

Cheers

Comments

• Options
    eMeSeMeS Member Posts: 1,875 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Is there a reason why you want to get the CTT+?

Personally, if you are already an MCT I can't see the value in getting the CTT+.

CTT+ = 1 multiple choice exam for which there is very little study material available + 1 ~20 minute video demonstrating your training competence along certain guidelines.

MS
  • Options
    steved64steved64 Member Posts: 2 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Could be I'm misunderstanding the requirements, but isnt it like MS in that I need to have the CTT+ to start teaching the Comptia official courses?

Cheers
  • Options
    eMeSeMeS Member Posts: 1,875 ■■■■■■■■■□
    steved64 wrote: »
    Could be I'm misunderstanding the requirements, but isnt it like MS in that I need to have the CTT+ to start teaching the Comptia official courses?

Cheers

I'm not aware of any such requirement, and I can't seem to find anything on CompTIA's web site that says one way or the other. I've never delivered any CompTIA classes, so I'm not 100% sure.

Venturing a guess, I would say that this is more of a training provider specific requirement. In fact, I'm sure there are people out there teaching various CompTIA classes that don't even hold the certifications for the subject they are teaching.

MS