83-640 Question

I am currently studying for the 83-640 exam and have a question that can hopefully be answered without breaking nda.

As I have been going through the Measure-Up exam, I have been noticing an extreme amount of questions asking how can you do something via cli using the proper /switches. Does the actual exam go heavy into that, or is it just the Measure-Up?

While I have absolutely no problem studying and learning them, as I typically prefer cli vs gui, I just want to know as prevalent they are on the exam. A good example has been the dnscmd. I can't recall how many questions I have seen asking for in-depth knowledge of the switches.

Thanks!
MCTS: Windows Vista, Configuration
MCTS: Windows WS08 Active Directory, Configuration

Comments

• AshenweltAshenwelt Member Posts: 266 ■■■■□□□□□□
    Yes it does. Also, when you do sims... it just wants the end results. Dropping to CLI is a quick way to do sims.

So... don't short change them. You will use them in a test... and you will use them in real life administration.
    Ashenwelt
    -Always working on something...
    -The RepAdmin Active Directory Blog
  • crrussell3crrussell3 Member Posts: 561
    Thanks for the quick response. As I said I have no problem using them, I just wasn't expecting them in such depth with as little as they seemed to be covered in the study materials.
    MCTS: Windows Vista, Configuration
    MCTS: Windows WS08 Active Directory, Configuration
  • draineydrainey Member Posts: 261
    At the very least know them and the the main switches used with them. Also know when to use which command and switch, to accomplish a stated task.
    The irony truly is strange that you're the only one you can change. -- Anthony Gomes
  • texasittexasit Member Posts: 147
    The exam will vary for everyone as you already would know so nobody will get the exact same questions.My advice to you is to know DNS pretty well thru the GUI or commandline.I used the measureups to pass the 83-640 so if you can do well on the measureups then you should do well on the exam.Just make sure you aren't going thru the measureups like 30 times and memorizing the answers make sure you know the material.Anyway good luck!
  • PiersPiers Member Posts: 454 ■■■□□□□□□□
    Hey, I have a similar question. The MS Press books deal with PowerShell and VBScript in practially every chapter.. Is this tested on the exam or can I focus on the other material (CLI, CSVDE, LDIFDE) and at a later time put a concentrated effort into powershell and scripting?

Cheers!
    P
    :study: Office 365 70-347 / 698 later