Options

secured information exchange

romandromand Member Posts: 21 ■□□□□□□□□□
I plan to start to work as network consultant and I will need to securely exchange private information with various clients. I am curious what is the best method to securely exchange information? But I don't consider options as ssh, vpn, sftp, setting my own ssl server ets. Are there any free public SSL servers which can provide such a servise? Any thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    120nm4n120nm4n Member Posts: 116
    Can you provide more information, like what kind of information? (i.e. e-mail, documents, application data, etc.) Between clients or between you and a client? A little more detail would be helpful.
    WIP: MCITP: EA
    70-620 - Done
    70-647 - In Progress
    70-649 - Soon.
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    You might want to look at PGP (or GPG).
  • Options
    120nm4n wrote: »
    Can you provide more information, like what kind of information? (i.e. e-mail, documents, application data, etc.) Between clients or between you and a client? A little more detail would be helpful.

I will have to send private info.(configuration files for routers, passwords, ip addresses etc). I know it can be uploaded by router itself, but it is not an option now. It is supposed to be a contract job, and I will supposed to have multiply clients on one time projects. Sure I will have to separate configuration files and passwords. Not sending these together. I plan to send config files by internet and provide passwords, ip addresses by phone, and a client will need to reset it immediately, after receiving configs. But I will have to ensure that information such as services are runing on a particular router, ip addresses, or any info. about client's infrustructure will not be securely exposed. I don't want to send it via email even inside of a encrypted file(don't want my clients to bother about installing software to decrypt file). I am looking for something as SSL information exchange. It is convinient, because it is built inside any web browser. I am not sure if there are services in the Internet wich would allow to store information and access it by webbrowser/ssl.
  • Options
    RobertKaucherRobertKaucher Member Posts: 4,299 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Go Daddy's SSL certificates are cheap. I have purchsed two for just under US$13.00 each.

It seems to me that the simplest and easies way would be to set up your onw SSL based web server for this.
  • Options
    dynamik wrote: »
    You might want to look at PGP (or GPG).

GPG looks like a solution to my problem. Thank you dynamik!
  • Options
    Go Daddy's SSL certificates are cheap. I have purchsed two for just under US$13.00 each.

It seems to me that the simplest and easies way would be to set up your onw SSL based web server for this.

Originaly I was thinking setting up my own SSL based web server, but later I decided to find the same public service.