Options

Packet Tracer

fieldmonkeyfieldmonkey Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 254 ■■■□□□□□□□
I just got packet tracer and trying to understand the commands in which it does not support and looking for affirmation of what I am seeing, along with any other commands you might know of that it does not support.

So far it appears that it does not support

switch(config-line)#transport input telnet ssh

OR

switch(config-line)#transport input telnet

I'm trying to configure the vty lines, and eventually test the configuration. I don't guess it has this capability?
WIP:
Husband & Fatherhood Caitlin Grace born 8-26-2010

Future Certs:
Q1-2011 - INCD2, Microsoft or Linux (decisions, decisions...)

Comments

• Options
    Gat0rveanGat0rvean Member Posts: 5 ■□□□□□□□□□
    rpfutrell wrote: »
    I just got packet tracer and trying to understand the commands in which it does not support and looking for affirmation of what I am seeing, along with any other commands you might know of that it does not support.

So far it appears that it does not support

switch(config-line)#transport input telnet ssh

OR

switch(config-line)#transport input telnet

I'm trying to configure the vty lines, and eventually test the configuration. I don't guess it has this capability?

That is correct, for the most part. Packet tracer will let you configure the switch to accept input via SSH, but you cannot include telnet in the command:

switch(config-line)#transport input ssh

It won't take the second command because switches/routers are set as default to accept input via telnet, albeit you have to set a password and require login before it will allow you to login.

It will probably give you a message like "A password is required, although one has not been set" if you try to telnet to the device before setting the password. So if you just want telnet on vty 0 4 (or whatever):

switch(config-line)#password cisco
    switch(config-line)#login

Remember however your commands will work on a normal full feature IOS.
    Hope that helps.
  • Options
    1cisco1cisco Member Posts: 1 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Can you please tell me how do I get Packet tracer? because every time I search for it I always end up at many sites which make me more concerns about the safety of my comuter from getting haked or getting viruses. Any site or link you can send me which you know it is safe to get me the tracer I will realy apprecite it. Thanks.
  • Options
    captobviouscaptobvious Member Posts: 648
    1cisco wrote: »
    Can you please tell me how do I get Packet tracer? because every time I search for it I always end up at many sites which make me more concerns about the safety of my comuter from getting haked or getting viruses. Any site or link you can send me which you know it is safe to get me the tracer I will realy apprecite it. Thanks.
    Packet Tracer