Options

Freedom!? :)

AlanJamesAlanJames Member Posts: 230
Well I've quit my Job, left my house and split with my gf :)

Happy Days.

Has anyone done anything drastic like that?

I'm hoping to travel up to Cairns, road trip in NZ, do some study, then maybe head to the USA.

exciting exciting

Comments

• Options
    LAN_ManLAN_Man Member Posts: 31 ■■□□□□□□□□
    I've never done anything like that but it sound exciting. It’s only after you’ve lost everything, that you’re free to do anything. Good luck.
  • Options
    WilliamK99WilliamK99 Member Posts: 278
    Basically you formatted your OS and starting from scratch. Good for you, good luck in whatever you decide to do in the future.
  • Options
    Is that a fight club quote?

:P
  • Options
    PashPash Member Posts: 1,600 ■■■■■□□□□□
    AlanJames wrote: »
    Is that a fight club quote?

:P

Ahh but see you have already forgotten the first rule.

Good luck with your adventure mate, I wish I had the balls to do something as extreme, maybe when my student debt is finally cleared soon I might plan some travels :)

Take it easy!
    DevOps Engineer and Security Champion. https://blog.pash.by - I am trying to find my writing style, so please bear with me.
  • Options
    nelnel Member Posts: 2,859 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Woah, drastic action! im not even going to ask what prompted it :D

Good luck with it!
    Xbox Live: Bring It On

Bsc (hons) Network Computing - 1st Class
    WIP: Msc advanced networking
  • Options
    laidbackfreaklaidbackfreak Member Posts: 991
    good on ya fella, id very similar 3 years ago, quit the job sold the house and went travelling for a year (only i took the mrs with me)

I spent half of that in europe and the rest in HK, Oz and NZ. Fantastic time.

got back to uk after year, 10k pay rise and better job all round icon_biggrin.gif bring it on.
    if I say something that can be taken one of two ways and one of them offends, I usually mean the other one :-)
  • Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□

From the title alone, I was about ready to say, "Oh, you got divorced too?" icon_lol.gif

I'm sort of in the same boat. I just wrapped up a divorce, am crashing with a friend, and have a few job leads at places all over the country. There's been some drastic changes here as well, but I'd say yours seem to be a bit more fun and less pressured!

That sounds great. Keep us posted on how everything goes!
  • Options
    AldurAldur Member Posts: 1,460
    It's an odd happy/scary feeling you get from doing something like this. Not that I've done anything this drastic but I can relate to the feeling of getting rid of a gf that was bad for you from the beginning.

There's a sense of great freedom and a fear of the unknown. What was once familiar is foreign, what seemed sane is unstable. From the sounds of it this is a good move, whatever you do don't look back and think what might have been. Move one and give yourself that clean start that you deserve.

Best of luck! icon_cheers.gif
    "Bribe is such an ugly word. I prefer extortion. The X makes it sound cool."

-Bender
  • Options
    ipconfig.allipconfig.all Banned Posts: 428
    Welcome to my life !!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    jibbajabbajibbajabba Member Posts: 4,317 ■■■■■■■■□□

Happy Days.

Has anyone done anything drastic like that?

I'm hoping to travel up to Cairns, road trip in NZ, do some study, then maybe head to the USA.

exciting exciting

Did exactly that ... left my gf from one day to another, moved out while she was at work, went to the airport and flew from Germany to Ireland to find a job. This was 8 years ago and gone back only to visit my parents ...
    My own knowledge base made public: http://open902.com :p
  • Options
    well i've done it a few times before, I tend to make the mistake of getting a job a ruining everything lol

But I'm hoping to just chill out for a while :)

Speaking of Jobs, My role as a network engineer in melbourne will advertised if anyone wants it :D
  • Options
    dshay25dshay25 Member Posts: 27 ■□□□□□□□□□
    Congrats on the freedom :)

Where do you plan on going if you head to the US?
    WIP:
    -A.S. in Networking and Communications
    -CCENT
  • Options
    veritas_libertasveritas_libertas Member Posts: 5,746 ■■■■■■■■■■
    Sounds like a country song...