Answerfile in Exchange 2007 installations

Hi all,
I found completely discrepant statements regarding the use of the answerfile in Ex. 2007 installations.
The MS Press book for the 70-236 for example states that the answerfile is almost always used performing unattended installations of CMSs.

While Technet here says that the answerfile cannot be used exactly when installing CMSs.

The more, searching in Google, I found a ppt document that newly states that CMS installations are supported and more discrepant documents.

Really I don't know anymore to who believe icon_sad.gif
Need hints.
Pork 3
Maindrian's music

WIP: 70-236, 70-293 and MCSE.

Comments

• ClaymooreClaymoore Member Posts: 1,637
    I think the confusion lies in the fact that you can script the installation of a CMS, but it doesn't use an answer file. If you look at the information that can be specified in an answer file, many of the settings pertain to server roles that cannot be clustered.
  • rjbarlowrjbarlow Member Posts: 411
    Claymoore wrote: »
    I think the confusion lies in the fact that you can script the installation of a CMS, but it doesn't use an answer file. If you look at the information that can be specified in an answer file, many of the settings pertain to server roles that cannot be clustered.
    Thank you Claymoore,
    in fact my confusion arises by discrepant statements exactly in what can be included in the answer file.
    Definitely I'll try that prior to consider closed this topic.

Cheers
    Pork 3
    Maindrian's music

WIP: 70-236, 70-293 and MCSE.