Options

enterprise experience as a requirement...

xeviousxevious Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
more obstacles...

I interviewed last week for a fortune 500 company. All is good in terms of skill set; however, lacked enterprise experience. geez...

It seems that having experience working with the required technology is not enough (at least in my scenario) and that you also need to match the size of the operation.

All my jobs have been with companies under 100 employees, and I'm finding this to be a 'concern' if I want to get into a large 1000+ employee base company.

Anyways... it's not all lost because I must of made a good impression with the HR mgr. He feels I'm right for the company and will try to persuade the IT mgr to atleast schedule an interview.

Wish me luck!

-Xevious

Comments

• Options
    keenonkeenon Member Posts: 1,922 ■■■■□□□□□□
    reason they say "enterprise" experience is that they have a mutil layered network, services and most are switched networks. honestly it doesn't make your skills any less than what they need. i have found most will find anything that they can use to not choose you or pay you lesser than what they should. besides with any good amount of skills and knowlegde will be enough to get you by until your fimilar with there network setup.
    Become the stainless steel sharp knife in a drawer full of rusty spoons
  • Options
    xeviousxevious Member Posts: 59 ■■□□□□□□□□
    keenon wrote:
    reason they say "enterprise" experience is that they have a mutil layered network, services and most are switched networks.

I agree... That's what I'm looking for, but lack... I'm applying to be part of the windows server team (server mgmt, AD, r&d, and tier-3 support) with plans to eventually move laterally into the security team.

While I'm waiting, it's time to hit the books, order some trial CDs, and get another cert going.

-Xevious