Options

Part time, variable shifts, weekend and on call rotation - oh my

jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
Hey!!!

I'm wondering if anyone could give their experience in this kind
of schedule. I'm debating if I should even apply for this job because
I'm in school full time. The position is 4-7 hours a day monday-friday
along with what the title states. I'm sure I'll be doing like 40 hour days
just to keep up with school and work, which isn't much of a problem for me.

It would be cool if it was just 3 days a week with one weekend a month.
It's good pay and they only require a high school diploma for a Customer Support Technician I position.
Booya!!
WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
*****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****

Comments

• Options
    mikej412mikej412 Member Posts: 10,086 ■■■■■■■■■■
    In return for working their "funky schedule," they may be able to "work around" your school schedule. If it sounds like a job you could be interested in, you have nothing to lose -- just mention it up front. And it could always turn out the times they need the most people is when you're not in class.
    :mike: Cisco Certifications -- Collect the Entire Set!
  • Options
    jamesleecolemanjamesleecoleman Member Posts: 1,899 ■■■■■□□□□□
    mikej412 wrote: »
    In return for working their "funky schedule," they may be able to "work around" your school schedule. If it sounds like a job you could be interested in, you have nothing to lose -- just mention it up front. And it could always turn out the times they need the most people is when you're not in class.

Thanks for the information. I never really though about it like that. I'll apply after I take the 602 tomorrow and some resume updating.
    Booya!!
    WIP : | CISSP [2018] | CISA [2018] | CAPM [2018] | eCPPT [2018] | CRISC [2019] | TORFL (TRKI) B1 | Learning: | Russian | Farsi |
    *****You can fail a test a bunch of times but what matters is that if you fail to give up or not*****