Options

Network+ to CCENT

larue38462larue38462 Member Posts: 32 ■■□□□□□□□□
I've been around this forum for a little while now and had a quick question for anyone that might be able to help me out. I went down a little different path with my certifications by starting out with Sec+ (passed w/ 865) and will be taking the Net+ in about 2 weeks. After Net+ is out of the way I will immediately start on CCNA. My question is how much will the Net+ knowledge prepare me for the CCENT if I decide to go the two exam route? I think that I would benefit from going the two exam route because I will also be trying to finish up my Masters in Information Technology at the same time. Thanks in advance guys.
Currently studying for Route. Shooting for a 6/3/11 test date.

Comments

• Options
    bubble2005bubble2005 Member Posts: 210 ■■■□□□□□□□
    The Network+ will only provide a basic understanding of the general networking concepts. However with the network + you will already have a head start, so that is a plus for you. Cisco exams will be more in depth due to the fact that it is proprietary so you will have to know and understand how their equipment works. I would encourage you to go the two route way the first time, as it can be very overwhelming IMO as it was for me. The single route should be taken once you have passed the first time and each time you recertify but I know you will want more than the CCNA so I encourage you to keep getting higher...icon_cheers.gif

Congrats on passing your Sec+ exam by the way, I found it to be difficult.icon_thumright.gif
    Think Big Stay Focus: In the midst of all situations, think positive.:thumbup: