Options

job opportunity, but a headache now

ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
hi it folks,
I've been a network engineer in a bank for almost a year and a half. My daily routine consists of network administration and monitoring.
Today, I had a interview. I've been offered a security&quality engineer in an emerging new bank. I've been told that my job duties consist of:
-establishing a network security architecture for the bank,
-managing security equipement,
-managing software versions and patches,
-auditing security,
-applying security standards,
-writing policy documents,
-validating software code, ...

However, I didn't work in security since I left college, (although I still like this field). And I was dreaming that one day I'll become a CCIE in R&S, since I'm currently studying for CCNP.
This new job offers better "material" advantages than my current one: job stability, health insurance, training possibilities, decision making,...
I'm confused guys. Do I need a lot of time to convert back into security? please I need a piece of advice.

Comments

• Options
    dynamikdynamik Banned Posts: 12,312 ■■■■■■■■■□
    Are they aware of your current level of expertise? Are you going to have a mentor or others to look to for guidance? If you were honest with them about your abilities, I find it rather hard to believe they'd offer you a job you weren't qualified for.
  • Options
    ccnpninjaccnpninja Member Posts: 1,010 ■■■□□□□□□□
    yep Dynamik, I already told them that. My "potential" boss knows that, coz I already worked with him in the past :))
    I don't know, they seem to be in a hurry, they want to launch the new bank ASAP.
    Frankly, I feel like it's screwing up my reputation as a good networking engineer for a bunch of extra dinars ( a dinar is the currency in my country), trying to catch up with network security technologies.